Redhawk Caldera time after time
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,981 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Meerkat could only smile quietly when Bronco joked about Towhee Jr. She didn’t know her younger siblings very well. They sort of kept to themselves. She supposed she could’ve made more of an effort, though there was only so much time in a day…

She stayed silent as Bronco came up with some happy facts about his life. Like she and Njord, they’d had three pups this year. The same went for Eljay and Maia, despite getting on in years. Bronco mentioned a word she didn’t know, though the context told her that it was an important station, perhaps even the highest rank in Brecheliant.

I assume that’s a leadership role? I wear a similar hat these days, though mine is called Councilor, she shared. And, well, since we last spoke… Meerkat’s brow furrowed, recalling that day at Sapphique’s borders with a young Ray. Well, a lot’s happened since then, some of it not so good. But we’re happy in Moonspear now. Redhawks come and go but Sialuk, Njord and myself are really the backbone of the village. My older son, Ray—the one you met—he’s gone traveling. Our youngest two, Orca and Seal, are growing into fine young ladies.

He might’ve made Seal’s acquaintance on that dreadful day, though Meerkat didn’t mention this. She pondered what else to add. There was more to the story, of course, but it was hard to sum up one’s life!

Then a thought clobbered her upside the head, her eyes brightening a little as she shared, Before that monster came along and ruined everything, Njord and I were planning on claiming—rather, reclaiming—the copse and raising our own village with our daughters. We hadn’t gotten any further than making the decision and marking it before… but, she continued, voice low but enthusiasm burning bright, we’ll get back on track with that someday in the not too distant future, I hope.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
time after time - by Meerkat - August 30, 2023, 08:07 AM
RE: time after time - by Ceridwen - September 02, 2023, 03:17 PM
RE: time after time - by Meerkat - September 03, 2023, 12:42 PM
RE: time after time - by Ceridwen - September 03, 2023, 01:29 PM
RE: time after time - by Meerkat - September 03, 2023, 07:05 PM
RE: time after time - by Ceridwen - September 04, 2023, 04:14 AM
RE: time after time - by Meerkat - September 04, 2023, 09:48 AM
RE: time after time - by RIP Bronco - September 04, 2023, 11:56 AM
RE: time after time - by Ceridwen - September 04, 2023, 01:24 PM
RE: time after time - by Meerkat - September 04, 2023, 07:12 PM
RE: time after time - by RIP Bronco - September 04, 2023, 09:54 PM