Wheeling Gull Isle paperback dreams in their deep dose,
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
After a small eternity, Ava began to breathe somewhat normally. Caracal’s touch became soothing now, his paw gently rubbing up and down her back. Ignoring the tears joining the rest of the saltwater on his own face, he bent down to clean hers. Sometime during these gentle ministrations, she reached out and clung to him. Caracal folded over her, cradling her close to his chest and slanting his face away to avoid dripping tears on top of her small head.

You’re gonna be okay, little girl, he crooned. We’re gonna be okay.

He had been so caught up trying to get her out of the water before she drowned and then clearing her lungs of water, he hadn’t really thought about the whale’s strike. When it hit him—sort of like the orca’s fluke had hit her—Caracal’s jaw clenched while the rest of his body loosened. He continued holding Ava, though not so tightly, knowing she must be in pain.

I won’t leave you. But I want to find you something to help with the pain. Do you think you can walk, Ava? If I support you?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
paperback dreams in their deep dose, - by Ava Amara - September 21, 2023, 10:38 AM
RE: paperback dreams in their deep dose, - by Caracal - September 21, 2023, 02:04 PM
RE: paperback dreams in their deep dose, - by Ava Amara - September 21, 2023, 02:14 PM
RE: paperback dreams in their deep dose, - by Caracal - September 21, 2023, 02:48 PM
RE: paperback dreams in their deep dose, - by Ava Amara - September 26, 2023, 08:20 AM
RE: paperback dreams in their deep dose, - by Caracal - September 26, 2023, 05:41 PM
RE: paperback dreams in their deep dose, - by Ava Amara - September 29, 2023, 10:33 PM
RE: paperback dreams in their deep dose, - by Caracal - October 02, 2023, 09:28 AM
RE: paperback dreams in their deep dose, - by Heda - October 03, 2023, 04:45 PM
RE: paperback dreams in their deep dose, - by Ava Amara - October 06, 2023, 08:48 AM