Sun Mote Copse but i'd rather swim ashore
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,994 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She sensed that she’d put him on the spot with her direct questions. Meerkat felt a little bad for that, though she was too curious about the answers to feel too guilty. She offered Ray what she hoped was an encouraging smile, unaware that her drooping eyes made her look like she was half-asleep.

Purpose, she murmured when he finished. It’s always good to have a sense of purpose in life. Fostering bonds between packs sounds like a worthwhile endeavor to me, though I’m biased, of course. In fact, he wondered about her own motivations. I developed an interest in traveling at a very young age. My specialty was almost a byproduct of that, developing naturally over time as I hopped and skipped my way through the wilds.

She laughed. That probably wasn’t particularly helpful to her son, was it? But it was the truth. Meerkat had decided on her trades as a very young girl, motivated by nothing more serious than the spirit of adventure. She had never really put a whole lot of thought into it.

What keeps me interested in the field, she said after a contemplative moment, is my love for meeting people and forming friendships. I don’t get out as much these days, so that’s why I’m so happy when I find someone like… say, Nyssa. Recruiting’s not just about bringing a quality candidate into the pack, it’s about offering someone a home and a new lease on life.

Meerkat realized she was rambling in her sleepiness. She cut herself off and then yawned abruptly. Her whole body shivered with the force of it. She glanced down to make sure the motion hadn’t disturbed the pups, then caught Stingray’s eye, silently begging his forgiveness.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
but i'd rather swim ashore - by Stingray - March 04, 2024, 01:35 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Meerkat - March 04, 2024, 09:04 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Stingray - March 08, 2024, 03:34 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Meerkat - March 08, 2024, 09:00 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Stingray - April 06, 2024, 10:23 PM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Meerkat - April 08, 2024, 08:41 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Stingray - April 17, 2024, 10:39 AM
RE: but i'd rather swim ashore - by Meerkat - April 18, 2024, 08:16 AM