Sun Mote Copse I build 'em up too high just to watch them fall down
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,981 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Meerkat listened carefully to Fennec’s answer, which made her wonder if Skipjack was entirely blind or perhaps just visually impaired. It was so hard to tell at this age. But the signs were impossible to ignore, so she wanted to be prepared to support her son.

I have no idea if he’s entirely blind or just visually impaired, Meerkat said, especially since he can’t just tell me. But I have little doubt at this point and I just want to make sure we’re doing everything we can for him, in any event.

She mulled on her sister’s words a bit more. She hadn’t realized Fennec hadn’t been born totally blind. Meerkat wondered if that made matters worse—she knew what she’d lost, on some level, unlike Towhee, who would never know what she was missing—though she didn’t ask.

Food, water and safe spaces, she repeated, though it was common sense. The latter two seem pretty straightforward. I do worry about teaching him how to hunt.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: I build 'em up too high just to watch them fall down - by Meerkat - April 18, 2024, 10:21 AM