Sun Mote Copse As if some magic, like a staff found a burning bush
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,998 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She braced herself for Auburn’s reaction, expecting dismay. Meerkat wasn’t sure how she would handle it, though the yearling surprised her a little by expressing abject confusion. Now she felt dismayed, realizing just why Auburn had behaved that way. Unfortunately, understanding did not equal acceptance.

No, she said gently, it’s not how I eat. My family and I have been fortunate. We’ve always had enough to eat, so we share with each other. We’d never think of hurting someone over food, which I’m only now realizing is a pretty big privilege.

She lapsed into thoughtful silence. Meerkat wondered if there was a way to help Auburn that didn’t involve her getting anywhere near the children. She supposed she could try, though she would need to speak to @Njord before making any permanent decisions.

Okay, new plan, she said. I’ll take you to the stream and we’ll walk south from there into a place called Cedar Sweep. You can stay there while I consult with Njord. I’ll visit regularly, bring you food. Does that sound alright, Auburn?
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: As if some magic, like a staff found a burning bush - by Meerkat - May 13, 2024, 10:04 PM