Noctisardor Bypass He'd never upset you, never forget you
Rivenwood
Ash
504 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Anselm’s ears flipped forward in surprise as a growl spilled from Etienne’s chest. It was such an unusual noise that for a moment, he was speechless.

Several seconds passed before he gathered his composure. He refused to be made the monster here. He was just trying to survive, same as Etienne — he didn’t have the time or the mental energy to do little welfare checks on everyone. The more he thought of it, the more embittered he became — even if there was a side to Etienne’s story that was patently true.

You think because I don’t act like you, I don’t care? Anselm snorted, feeling his own ugly emotion take the best of him. His nostrils flared and his eyes burned, threatened with something that was definitely not tears. Men didn’t cry — he steeled himself, bringing a flare of anger to the forefront to ward off his weaker feelings.

Etienne may have shown Anselm what he needed to feel loved, but in that moment Anselm refused to hear it. That’s stupid. You think I’m here because I vant to be?! He spat, realizing he was now on the precipice of saying something so hideous that once spoken, could never be taken back.

He suddenly clapped his jaws shut, fearful. If he said too much, he would be admitting to something he was not yet ready to face — but if he said too little, he stood to lose it all.

I’m not doing this. Anselm snarled, turning his back and storming off — incidentally in the very direction Heda was.
Messages In This Thread
He'd never upset you, never forget you - by Etienne - May 15, 2024, 10:43 AM
RE: He'd never upset you, never forget you - by Heda - May 15, 2024, 11:13 AM
RE: He'd never upset you, never forget you - by Anselm - May 15, 2024, 02:13 PM
RE: He'd never upset you, never forget you - by Heda - May 15, 2024, 02:44 PM