Qeya River But you can do a kindness and look me in the eyes
Saatsine
Hunter
562 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Anger. 

It was the first of many emotions Anselm sensed; could taste. It was bitter like rock salt and bile. 

His expression remained guarded, the scowl deepening as Etienne indirectly accused him of something he would never do willingly. And as he listened, he knew Heda had not searched for him

Just her son. 

Gideon is vith me. Anselm started, for that was the most important aspect — but so much else of what Etienne had just spoken sent his head spinning. 

To be accused of leaving voluntarily turned his heart curling as paper does to a flame; blackened, disintegrating. Vhat do you mean Heda left? Rivenvood?  Vhy? And what about Druid — where was she to take on her children? Is Ezra safe? He could not put it past Amadeo to kill his children, too. In that regard he was grateful to be reunited with at least one of them. 

He scoffed. Of course I am hurt. You have Amadeo to thank for that. Shame mingled with hate in his tone, and a veil of hurt crossed his face he hoped was too fleeting for Etienne to notice.
Messages In This Thread
RE: But you can do a kindness and look me in the eyes - by Anselm - October 02, 2024, 09:53 AM