Blackfeather Woods who is this girl i see
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
All Welcome 
Last night, she dreamt of a spider--or, at least, the creature called a "spider," a word she hadn't learned yet. It was hobbling frantically away, being pursued by other, faster spiders. Their tiny appendages skittered across the huge web, making the silky white surface quiver in their wake. The spider was trying in vain to escape its pursuers, but was falling rapidly behind: it was missing two legs on its right side.

Faster and faster the others came, until the little black arachnid was overwhelmed, succumbing at last near the corner of the web to small, hungry jaws, tearing it apart until what was once a spider, a living being, was merely pieces of dark matter.

Maegi had woken from this dream with a start, breathing heavily while her siblings dozed nearby. With a shudder, she rose to her feet and left the den, padding out into the clearing. Dawn had not yet broken that day, and the peace of night was still upon the forest, bugs quietly humming, the birds still silent. Little shreds of moonlight made their way past the thick canopy of trees above, lighting her white pelt with an ethereal glow.

She sat down and looked out into the forest, trying to calm her fright from the nightmare. Her left forepaw stretched out before her, and her right. . .

Maegi lifted it gingerly, examining what she saw. It didn't look like her other paw. Still tipped with dark gray, sure. But it was. . .wrong. The toes were fused together, the paw itself bent backward into the ankle. She had noticed that walking, running, had not come easy to her. Perhaps this was why.

Something was wrong. Euron's and Ramsay's paws all looked the same. So did her mother's, her uncle's, even the dark stranger that had come to play with her that one day. Why was she different? What was wrong with her?  Her lower lip quivered as she thought of this. She hadn't ever really thought something was the matter, until this moment.
Messages In This Thread
who is this girl i see - by Maegi - November 16, 2017, 07:20 PM
RE: who is this girl i see - by Aries - November 19, 2017, 05:59 PM
RE: who is this girl i see - by Maegi - November 19, 2017, 06:13 PM
RE: who is this girl i see - by Aries - November 27, 2017, 08:03 AM
RE: who is this girl i see - by Maegi - November 27, 2017, 10:42 PM
RE: who is this girl i see - by The Wispmother - November 28, 2017, 03:27 PM
RE: who is this girl i see - by Aries - December 04, 2017, 05:19 AM
RE: who is this girl i see - by Maegi - December 04, 2017, 04:19 PM