Stavanger Bay And as you get back into line, a mob jumps to their feet
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
He seemed well, though with a curious glint to his eye that she could only lend towards the formal nature of her greeting.  Perhaps it was odd, this stiff beating around the bush, but she couldn't quite swallow crawling towards him outright either.  She hadn't been in the right, but neither did she find herself in the wrong in what she had said entirely either.  It was a sliding slope she tread right now, and she was determined to teeter on that edge a bit longer.

Spookin the locals.  She didn't quite catch the meaning, though from the tone took the levity and the abrupt stop that it was a joke that either a) she didn't get or b) he hadn't finished.  Now it was her turn to be questioning, but she didn't get the chance to rib him at all before he launched the initial voyage into straight talking.  

She'd wanted the first to be his and he was taking it, with what was likely the closest thing to an apology she'd be getting from him.  It of course wasn't perfect (perfection for her would be for him to renounce his insults, a bit of a high bar, even she knew that).  If it fell to her to admit to her own shortcomings... she could at least acknowledge one.

"I shouldn't have come after you how I did right off.  I didn't realize what she was to ye... I still don't."  She didn't elaborate, but the meaning she felt was clear enough.  A pirate with no family to fall back on had a hard time even reconciling a bond stronger than simple crew.  "But I don't steal from crew.  And my pride might not be much, but it's all I got."  She didn't look at him as she said this, but did turn to him after, away from the waves.  She wasn't about to lay out for him all of the harm his insults had done, but neither did she want to gloss over the fact that such words weren't ones she would take easily, even from him.