Stavanger Bay Noises closing in from all sides warning all the ways to die
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She had been expecting it, so when his response came, she was unruffled by it.  She knew his sort well enough to know the only strength they noted right off was physical; she had been underestimated to another's detriment before, and it was sure to happen again.  It was her belief that the strongest would always fall to the smartest, and this was why his type never ran a successful crew.  She had only joined because she had read Smokestep to be a different wolf altogether.  Tetsubo would be well enough as a guard, but as a right hand? Never.

She kept these thoughts internal, and was about to shrug off the entire thing with a laugh, when he set in on another path instead.  Did he... did he just?

"Any kid of mine would be a fair sight better off than you, promise te that."  She said with a bit of bite to it, miffed more than she'd like at the double insult.  Heavy?!  Excuse me?  She'd grown sleeker in her time since joining the crew, but curves were nothing to turn a nose up at.  "He wishes, I'm sure, but it isn't that kinda partnership". She did not truly think Smokestep viewed her in such a capacity, but his words brought her defensively out. Why she couldn't say; she didn't even want children, and had taken pains before to prevent the outcome. "Sorry, but if ye think yer better suited, I don't think ye got the right equipment there bucko." She didn't wait around to see if his reaction to the insults would be violent or indifferent - she turned tail and walked stiffly away, irritated.