Stavanger Bay I took his hand, we stood back, and watched the banks turn red.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
i couldn't resist sry

It was morbid curiosity that took her this far south.

It had been long enough since her joining with Firefly for her to regret it, but doubts weren't enough for her to take steps to reverse the decision.  She'd known she'd be skittish about it, and doubtless before this was over she'd come to regret it a thousand times more.  At this point, though, it was too soon to even know if the decision had stuck.

Maybe that was why she needed a trip.  She'd informed @Erzulie that she wanted to scout south.  Her leg was feeling better and she needed to strengthen it - extended stress still pained it, but an easy pace would only rebuild the muscle that had wasted these last two months of disuse.  As long as she struck purely south along the coast, she had few doubts that she would be fine.  Drageda did not come here, not from her recollection.

She hadn't meant to come this far, but now here she was, at the edge of a claim that had at one time been hers.  And new borders had been set.  She felt a possessive anger fill her for a moment; but then it petered out, and she heaved a heavy sigh.  Sure, this place had almost been home once.  But if these wolves could gain better luck from it, then she wished them well.

Still, she stood for a moment, her gaze lingering on the trees that edged the bay.  She wondered if any of her old crew numbered among them, and how many had made it out alive when the bear came calling.
Messages In This Thread
I took his hand, we stood back, and watched the banks turn red. - by Rosalyn - February 25, 2019, 06:50 PM