Blackfeather Woods i like irons, but i love fire
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Private 
backdated sometime between the 24th and today

She wondered whether he felt the same as she did about Spiderlings' Glen. That it was like stepping into your childhood room and finding out that the furniture's been moved around, the toys are off the shelf, and it smells so much different than you remember. Even the carpet beneath your toes doesn't feel nearly as plush and kind. And you fall asleep on the bed that is just wrong and wake up and not know where you are for a few moments.

Maegi had always been fond of the Glen. She had spent much time here both before and after the war, the latter period grieving over the loss of her brothers. But other litters had been born here since Potema's twisted trio; other mothers had made it their own. It was changed, and there was nothing she could do about that.

But she dreamed—oh! she dreamed of the times that had been so innocent, hobbling after her brothers, one dark and stocky, the other silver, lithe. It brought her immense pleasure to immerse herself in memories and an equal measure of pain when she realized that they were just that. . .memories. Never to be relived, in full, again. Days gone by, etched in time, like the scar upon her mouth.

Did @Ramsay dream of those times, too? Or had he let them go, a leaf on the wind, and she was just a sentimental fool for dwelling upon a childhood that, while sometimes joyful, was also filled with pain—and without substance. Did he miss their youth, or was he more than happy to grow up, despite the troubles that adulthood carried with it?
Messages In This Thread
i like irons, but i love fire - by Maegi - March 05, 2019, 09:24 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Ramsay - March 09, 2019, 09:53 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Maegi - March 09, 2019, 10:15 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Ramsay - March 09, 2019, 10:27 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Maegi - March 09, 2019, 10:48 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Ramsay - March 09, 2019, 11:10 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Maegi - March 12, 2019, 09:03 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Ramsay - March 12, 2019, 09:36 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Maegi - March 12, 2019, 09:45 PM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Ramsay - March 14, 2019, 11:53 AM
RE: i like irons, but i love fire - by Maegi - March 16, 2019, 05:00 PM