Ankyra Sound i gotta have me my boats 'n hoes
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She listened mutely to first his rebuttle, then his apologies.  Neither were accepted fully, but she could agree on at least one point; it was all only politics.

And then an offer.  An appeal to her pride, maybe.  She agreed that she had a brain, and at one time, she'd have leapt at the chance.  Back when she'd believed that what he offered was what she was meant to do.  Now she knew better.

No.  She was tired, and she knew she had no place at their head.  Last time she'd taken it, not one had respected that, and it had nearly torn she and Erzulie apart.  She wouldn't do it again.  She was through.  If I wanted to lead, I would tear your crown from you myself.  But I don't.  So I guess you are in luck.  The words came out with a slightly bitter tinge.  But I would still watch my back, if I were you.  Others wouldn't take so kindly, and she could think of one particular protege of hers who might have a problem with the new order of things.
Messages In This Thread
i gotta have me my boats 'n hoes - by Vercingetorix - July 02, 2019, 01:32 PM
RE: i gotta have me my boats 'n hoes - by Rosalyn - July 02, 2019, 05:56 PM
RE: i gotta have me my boats 'n hoes - by Rosalyn - July 05, 2019, 10:40 PM
RE: i gotta have me my boats 'n hoes - by Rosalyn - July 06, 2019, 06:15 PM
RE: i gotta have me my boats 'n hoes - by Rosalyn - July 26, 2019, 08:38 AM
RE: i gotta have me my boats 'n hoes - by Vercingetorix - August 09, 2019, 07:12 AM