Fairspell Meadow these ideas of mine percolate the mind
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
All Welcome 
perhaps someone she hasn't interacted with lately? @Rowan, @Venamis, @Abraxas?

She found the antler on the south edge of the meadow, alone and abandoned.

Which deer had it belonged to? Was that deer alive or dead? Perhaps the latter, or at least Maegi wanted to believe so. She seized it between her jaws and lifted her head, carrying it to the highest slope in the area, where she'd amassed a collection of small bones and stones.

Down it went, with care, along with the rest. A shrine to Jaes. If they were to stay here for a while, they must have an altar, and so she would provide. The antler was the centerpiece of it all, but the entire thing was beautiful, in a simple, gruesome way. She stared at it for a while, and then went to her belly, nose pressed to the earth.

Jaes, my lord, my god, she murmured, breath stirring the dying grass beneath her lips. Watch over us in our new home. Watch over Anansi in his. And please, lord. . .give us all strength. Give us the will to survive. We need it now more than ever.

Whoever came across her this day would find her, prostrate and whispering, overtaken by her fervent adoration of the one true god.
Messages In This Thread
these ideas of mine percolate the mind - by Maegi - October 22, 2019, 10:37 AM
RE: these ideas of mine percolate the mind - by Rowan - October 25, 2019, 09:11 AM
RE: these ideas of mine percolate the mind - by Maegi - October 25, 2019, 02:01 PM
RE: these ideas of mine percolate the mind - by Rowan - October 30, 2019, 02:38 PM
RE: these ideas of mine percolate the mind - by Maegi - October 30, 2019, 10:02 PM