Ravensblood Forest if you looked at my life, and see what i see
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rusalka is well.  she affirmed, but did not go into details.  She knew she didn't owe an explanation of any of this, but she would have wanted one were she in Ying's place.  They had so many enemies; she did not wish for more.

We have a history.  You were not there for it, but Rusalka has been overtaken many times over the course of the last year.  A few of those times by newcomers like you, who thought their place was to lead a pack they knew nothing about.  She smiled, a little allowingly.  We did not know for sure if those were your intentions, but we could not risk it.  I've watched packs split and splintered by leadership, only to leave themselves scattered when trouble comes.  Ironsea.  We couldn't let that happen.

Their family was too important to her, and Ying and her sisters threatened that. Perhaps they would have fallen in line and joined the family someday... or perhaps not.  But the risk was larger than the reward, and Rosalyn wondered if Ying understood that.

A pause invited Ying to respond or Erzulie to clarify.  She spoke mostly from her own perspective... her wife may have had other logic.
Messages In This Thread
if you looked at my life, and see what i see - by Ying - February 17, 2020, 10:59 AM
RE: if you looked at my life, and see what i see - by Ying - February 17, 2020, 11:18 AM
RE: if you looked at my life, and see what i see - by Ying - February 17, 2020, 12:21 PM
RE: if you looked at my life, and see what i see - by Ying - February 17, 2020, 12:47 PM
RE: if you looked at my life, and see what i see - by Rosalyn - February 17, 2020, 01:02 PM
RE: if you looked at my life, and see what i see - by Ying - February 17, 2020, 01:13 PM
RE: if you looked at my life, and see what i see - by Ying - February 17, 2020, 01:56 PM
RE: if you looked at my life, and see what i see - by Ying - February 17, 2020, 05:23 PM