Moonspear “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” —Winnie the Pooh
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,968 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Of course, Meerkat hadn't actually masterminded an alliance; she had simply been mistaken. But it was a happy accident as both she-wolves simply went with it, exchanging a knowing glance over the heads of their future generations. Thus they acknowledged themselves as officially allies, special thanks to an obliviously blithe youth, with an honorable mention to some very angry hornets (not bees, Meerkat).

When Hydra prompted her, Meerkat forgot all about assuming a more businesslike demeanor. -"Yeah!"- she shouted enthusiastically, then checked her volume before adding, -"I mean, I think! I'm workin' on being a counselor and a scout too."- And, well, becoming an ambassador seemed like the natural progression to her. -"My dad says I'm a model citizen!"- Meerkat added because relevant, taking a moment to beam at the other youngsters.

Awful circumstances aside, Meerkat was still overjoyed to finally meet them and badly wanted to ask if they could take a break from the formalities and play a while. But she kept that impulse in check, once more looking to her mother and smiling softly. She was young and full of spunk, yet she knew they weren't here to socialize, so to speak. This was an exchange of critical information, a news bulletin, and Meerkat took that as seriously as the rest of her trade work.

But she couldn't quite resist asking, -"Can we do a play date soon?"- This elicited a huff of laughter from Towhee, who signed her appreciation of Meerkat's initiative. Smiling brightly, Meerkat took that opportunity to embellish, -"And maybe we can bring the chiblings, it'll be a party!"-
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)