Blacktail Deer Plateau i would beg to disagree, but begging disagrees with me
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
At Sakhmet's questions, she laughed, for which she immediately felt bad. She tried to look contrite, though a smile still twitched in the corners of her mouth—she wasn't laughing at her daughter, after all, but herself. Self-deprecation, one of her few skills.

I. . .didn't, Maegi tried, and chuckled. I was not a good leader, Sakhmet. I won't try to make it seem otherwise. I listened, and I had a lot of help. From my brother—your uncle, Ramsay—and Mou, and Tundra, Jakoul, Moonshadow. . .

Her voice grew wistful as she spoke of those souls, all but one of them gone, and she had to turn away, hide the ever-ready tears from her daughter's gaze. I tried to do what was best for everyone, but it's hard. All you can do is receive guidance from others, and act in your pack's best interest. Or what you think is the best interest, anyway.

Some might disagree. She still remembered Rowan, so fiercely tied to the land, angry that she would have them go. And yet, where was he? Ivory Rose, apparently, was no more.

Everyone left the Woods eventually; perhaps the bones of those before them wished to be alone.

Having composed herself, she returned her gaze to Sakhmet. I will help you as much as I can, Maegi promised. As long as we're together, I'll always have your back.
Messages In This Thread