The Heartwood between the rays
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,968 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Just as she was about to turn and go, a stranger stumbled out of the nearby brush. Meerkat started, taking a step toward her pack mate but keeping her eyes fixed on the unfamiliar male. He probably outweighed the two of them together, a thought which made her spine stiffen as Meerkat recollected the earlier warning call. Was this the same guy? He offered his help, which disarmed her a bit.

Rue explained the situation before taking up his offer, requesting to be guided homeward. The yearling made a point to catch the Regent's eye, mouthing, "You sure you're okay?" She could've helped Rue home herself, yet of course there was the matter of the continuing search for their missing loved ones.

Once assured, Meerkat hoofed it in the other direction, shouting, "Mom!" and "Prevost!" in turn. Occasionally, she would send up another summoning howl for Phox as well, though he must be asleep, busy or out of earshot, as no reply came.

Abruptly, she remembered something she'd forgotten to mention to Rue: the whole deal with Reyes. She should've warned the Regent that she might find him lurking around the caldera, looking for Towhee. Did Rue even know about his attack on Caracal? It wasn't often that Meerkat swore, aloud or otherwise, yet she drew in a breath and thought, Fuck.

There was nothing for it now, though. Hopefully the stranger would get Rue back home soon, where hopefully someone else would fill her in about her mother's estranged mate. Still mentally swearing, Meerkat resumed her frantic search.

Feel free to continue without me, of course! :)
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
between the rays - by Meerkat - July 02, 2021, 12:20 PM
RE: between the rays - by Apisi - July 02, 2021, 01:07 PM
RE: between the rays - by Ruenna - July 03, 2021, 11:32 AM
RE: between the rays - by Meerkat - July 04, 2021, 12:33 PM
RE: between the rays - by Apisi - July 04, 2021, 07:13 PM
RE: between the rays - by Ruenna - July 05, 2021, 12:05 PM
RE: between the rays - by Meerkat - July 05, 2021, 12:17 PM
RE: between the rays - by Apisi - July 06, 2021, 07:08 PM
RE: between the rays - by Ruenna - July 10, 2021, 10:32 AM
RE: between the rays - by Meerkat - July 10, 2021, 11:06 AM
RE: between the rays - by Ruenna - July 27, 2021, 10:00 AM