Dragoncrest Cliffs The heart is something you can't control.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
<3 I've been so bad about these older threads!

Rosalyn listened as he opened up, not a lot, but more than he had in memory. It hurt to hear but it also was not something she was unaware of. And in the same ways that it hurt, it also helped. She did not like to hear that he struggled, but she was glad to hear that it was nothing she and Erzulie had done to lose his trust. She had worried for so many years that it was their own failures, driving each child away.

No. Her voice was resolved and insistent as she disagreed, hot with ire towards the woman who sought to cut her son from the equation. She shook her head, and her tone gentled some. Children know when they are loved. Everyone makes mistakes. Im sure you remember a number of mine. She caught his gaze fondly. But I don't think you could say I ruined you. It's more important that you try. The best way to ruin a child was to abandon them.

Only the best parents question everything. If you think you are doing it right, you're wrong. She laughed, but it was touched with an edge of something. She paused, glancing down a moment, then deciding to say it. She wasn't sure she would have another chance.

I'm sorry too, if we weren't there. I know that things were different, when you came back. If it was our fault you left, I'm sorry for that too. But I'm proud of who you are now. You deserve better, and I'm glad that you seem to have found happiness. She knew by this point that what was done was done and regrets served no one. Still, occasionally, the little boy he'd been still flitted through her thoughts... and as little as she regretted how he'd grown, she hoped she could hold onto both.
Messages In This Thread
The heart is something you can't control. - by Reyes (Ghost) - November 16, 2021, 03:08 PM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Rosalyn - November 16, 2021, 03:51 PM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Rosalyn - November 23, 2021, 01:47 AM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Rosalyn - November 23, 2021, 07:24 PM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Rosalyn - November 27, 2021, 03:04 AM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Rosalyn - February 03, 2022, 01:12 PM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Rosalyn - July 31, 2022, 12:43 PM