Dragoncrest Cliffs summer grasses:
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,968 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
His words made her squint. She caught herself after a few seconds and schooled her expression, even as Meerkat’s inner voice whispered skeptically. Why was Sobo thanking her for that, especially now? And why was he stammering? The situation filled her with misgivings.

But she wanted to think the best of everyone. She could give Sobo the benefit of the doubt, couldn’t she? Her eyes fell to the bundle as he gently pushed it toward her. She gazed at it for a beat, then raised her eyes back to his face. Meerkat didn’t understand, especially when she recollected the way he’d looked at the recent wedding.

There’s no need to thank me, Sobo, she said slowly, I was just doing what any pack wolf would do. That said, I appreciate the gesture.

She glanced at the gift again. She supposed she was meant to unwrap it. After a brief hesitation, Meerkat stepped forward and toed open the loosely bundled fur, revealing a length of driftwood. It was notched. She gasped, mostly because the pups chose that moment to move strongly within her.

You did this? Meerkat asked, indicating the markings, wondering about their meaning and significance.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
summer grasses: - by Sobo - March 24, 2022, 02:54 PM
RE: summer grasses: - by Meerkat - March 24, 2022, 03:30 PM
RE: summer grasses: - by Sobo - March 29, 2022, 10:54 AM
RE: summer grasses: - by Meerkat - March 29, 2022, 01:05 PM
RE: summer grasses: - by Sobo - April 08, 2022, 03:43 AM
RE: summer grasses: - by Meerkat - April 08, 2022, 11:38 AM
RE: summer grasses: - by Sobo - April 08, 2022, 05:36 PM
RE: summer grasses: - by Meerkat - April 08, 2022, 06:31 PM
RE: summer grasses: - by Sobo - April 18, 2022, 01:34 PM
RE: summer grasses: - by Meerkat - April 18, 2022, 02:09 PM
RE: summer grasses: - by Sobo - April 23, 2022, 02:58 PM