Dragoncrest Cliffs i’m hoping that after this fever i’ll survive
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,968 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
This time, she knew better than to take his refusal personally. Besides, it came out on a groan, tugging at her heartstrings. Meerkat understood why he protested. She also knew that Njord was right: there was no way the wolves would get away unscathed in a standoff with a bear.

But they didn’t have a choice. Swordfish and Quennell could neither fight nor flee. Evacuating them would not be easy. Meerkat didn’t even have to think about whether she would give her life to protect her son’s. She knew his da felt the same. The whole of Sapphique would stand with them.

Forgetting for a moment she’d just asked a question, Meerkat opened her mouth to say, We should call R— only for her husband’s cold, “With Chacal,” to strike her dumb.

Njord ranted, his anger flaring again. Meerkat listened, her heart sinking into her stomach at some of the things he said. The svelte Laramite couldn’t bring herself to blame Chacal for wanting to help the stranger, though she saw her husband’s point too. But this woman had already rung the bell simply by coming to their borders…

If it was anybody else, Meerkat wouldn’t have put much stock in to his concluding condemnations. She would’ve insisted they were only words said in the heat of the moment, nothing that could not be resolved after they dealt with the immediate threat. But with Njord’s history here…

Meerkat shivered. Her teeth chattered. She could feel the winter night stripping the heat from her damp body. Her insides had gone cold. She pressed in closer to Njord, though even his heat could not suppress the shaking. For a long time, she didn’t say anything. She couldn’t.

We need to protect the boys right now, she eventually whispered, her cheek tucked against his shoulder. After that…

Meerkat fell silent for a long time, then asked Njord, Do you trust me, mo chride?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: i’m hoping that after this fever i’ll survive - by Meerkat - January 18, 2023, 09:50 AM