Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,394 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
@Nivis @Reyna

Rodyn had safely placed the grouse and the ducks away. He was now on his way to a pack in the mountains. On his back the fur of seashells, the pine marten fur and the bison hoof. He was willing to trade these for something, or even to have a hunter help him hunt down a boar. Sow's were mean, and he didn't much want to tangle with one, but if they had more than 1 hunter. He was willing to try.

He made it to the edges of the pack lands. And stayed far away from the borders, respectfully. Lifting his head he gave a call out to the wolves that called this place home. It was nice, and he could have seen himself settling here, before Samani, before the moonwolves. Now it was simply nice to observe.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
La Muerte
Patriarca*
idle
69 Posts
Ooc — idle
i feel bad i am sorry... he'll get better as the thread progresses, i promise

Lucky Rodyn found himself though, because Nivis was just now lurking around the area, staying far away from the mansion where Reyna and Paloma tended the newborns. It was overwhelming for him to remain in touch with their poor walls shaking cries. Being then somehow close to Rodyn's presence was just a matter of coincidence.

It wasn't even the new pledged guard's fault. He had been fulfilling his duty well, which his scent told. Besides, unlike him, it didn't seem like their new friend looked for a fight.

Because of Nivis' not so well handled psychological state, he wasn't even in much of a mood to provoke; and that was what to say. It was just a little unfortunate that he had to pretend how unbothered he was, hiding all the signs of exhaustion well.

Good morning, your scent is intense. If you are looking for some ladies, feel free to leave. We've got none. Lie. They looked like a traveler, Nivis figured, so it'd make sense they'd be looking for a place to stay. As he observed further, more words followed. We don't mean to buy overpriced fur either. Is there anything else you'd like to discuss?

are you lost my little lamb, reyna?
in my heart perhaps? 

nivis is rated mature
reyna is welcome in all threads
Moontide
Alpha*
1,394 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
You're fine. and it's okay Rodyn will take it in stride and be nicely strict about it lol

Rodyn looked to the darker wolf and lifted his head in a silent hello. The younger man was rangy, but Rodyn could see that he seemed tired. Having had newborns of his own, truly not that long ago it felt. He understood. With the boy he brought mountain air and the scent of both puppies and females.

Rodyn didn't outright call the youth on his lie, but he could certainly tell he was lying. Your nose didn't lie.

Rodyn was immediately put off by how this youth chose to speak with him and he wasn't trilled with how he was reacting. He was far enough away, his wares were good ones and he was not here to seek out any companionship.

You wrongly assumed. My name is Rodyn I am alpha of Moontide, brother pack to the other moontribes. I bring wares to trade, not sell. I also am not looking for any women, particularly any that are already taken, based on the scent of puppies on you.

Rodyn backed up further pulled his wares to himself. I also wanted to extend an offer for a large group pack hunt between numerous villages in the area. It would be late fall. Is this something that would interest you and yours?
La Muerte
Patriarca*
idle
69 Posts
Ooc — idle
“…based on the scent of puppies on you.”

Such a line caught Nivis off guard and his ears flicked forward. I do smell like them: the brats, he thought, and panicked. He wasn’t even hanging out with them, just keeping a fair distance to avoid as much contact as he could. Was the smell really that strong, though?

At least he didn’t need to go through the long process of explaining. Alpha’s were particularly weird and dangerous, especially those he didn’t know much of, and he certainly wasn’t in the mood to fight or play the game until…

… oh, right. He was also a leader of his own pack and should take the responsibility seriouslywhen standing in front of another.

Nice to meet you, then. Your offer sounds quite appealing, I’d be down. I am not sure how about my little queen wife but I am certain she wouldn’t let this opportunity go. I can bring you to her… to find out what she thinks. he eyes the wolf from head to toe, yawning lazily, Rodyn. 

For some reason, he wanted to know more about his new friend, and especially about the hunt. Nivis was bad at such activities, though he could always take advantage of the situation and utilize it… Maybe talk their prey senseless into their arms. Where would it be held?

Unamused, Nivis turns around, bringing Rodyn to Reyna. Follow me.

in my heart perhaps? 

nivis is rated mature
Moontide
Alpha*
1,394 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
This one was young and a lot of waht could be said about him, could be attributed to youth. But there was a soft arrogance to him. That he was not entirely fond of. But who was he to judge.

Rodyn narrowed his eyes as the youth sized him up. He lifted the furs back onto his shoulders. And motioned the youth to lead the way. He would not just be handing over his furs. No sir.

It would be held in the mountains near Moonglow. A small place called Firefly Glen. It will probably be deer or Elk. And with a large enough group we can probably take a whole herd within reason of course. We would want to let enough go to reproduce. There will also be women circles and healing circles and new pups to meet each other. Allies to be made perhaps.
La Muerte
Patriarca*
idle
69 Posts
Ooc — idle
Congratulations, Nivis’ attention was claimed. He wasn’t listening well to what Rodyn was saying, but the moment women were mentioned, he turned his head back, listening to the rest of what was said. The fact he would be able to have fun and get his belly full while basically doing nothing convinced him to agree. Even if Reyna was against the idea, he’d still go behind her back with some of their chosen ones. Pups were the last thing he cared about, and therefore entirely overheard the details about.

That sounds fun, he smirked. I am sure we can set an agreement up. It was in the mountains too, meaning it wouldn’t be that hard to deal with the weather conditions. Ideal.

It was quite a walk to get to the palace, but the increasing smell of his own puppies signaled they weren’t far away from it; and so, when he entered the place and was hit in the nose with much worse scent than before, he nearly threw up. His eyes rolled back, though he still took the man inside. Reyna was already there, supposedly waiting and ready, and Nivis wanted to say so badly: “Hey love, you look amazing.”

Hey love, we have visitors, with requests. He didn’t know what was going on between them actually; they didn’t talk much lately, so if Reyna was still upset or not, Nivis had to guess.

in my heart perhaps? 

nivis is rated mature
La Muerte
Matriarca*

vampiress
136 Posts
Ooc — bon
when not checking with her people, reyna was curled up with her children, half asleep as they fed off her. occasionally, she would have to send paloma to send a message or an order but that was par for the course for a vampiress returned to her rightful place — above the mortals whose blood runs dirty.

but through the ceaseless whimpering of her babies came the familiar scent and voice of nivis. someone else accompanied him too. it seems with the strengthened scent of their claim, it brought with it new and curious stragglers.

dragging herself up to her feet, reyna musters her grace. from the bed chamber and into the grand hall, the pale wraith drifts and eyes quickly take to the man nivis had brought to her.
thank you, love. her warmth comes only from her gingerly voice, done only out of courtesy for their witness. there is no kiss between them as she steps closer to observe the new man.
he smelled already of wolf, this was not a prospecting member. rugged, yet rich with furs across his back. a trader too, then. she smiles.
bienvenidos. i am reyna, and you sir stand in the kingdom of La Muerte. she speaks with full confidence. if you hunger, let me know and i'll have my maid fetch you a drink or a meal.. tell me, what has brought you here — besides nivis.
[Image: Illustration460.png]
nivis is welcome in all threads
reyna is rated mature
join La Muerte!
Moontide
Alpha*
1,394 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn followed behind the youth. Eyes taking in all that was around. It reminded him a bit of Akashingo or what Akashingo would be like. He hadn't been inside it yet.

A small smile. I amnot hungry, but thank you. My name is aRodyn. I am alpha of Moontide. We have allies in all the moon packs and many more besides. I come to offer trade, a group hunt in fall. And I can also help hunt while I'm visiting if you'd like.

He shifted a shoulder tugging the deer hide and the otter hide from his shoulder. I've brought a der hide and an otter hide for trade. The pack hunt would be in the mountains Firefly Glen. We would hunt deer or Elk. Many packs in attendance. Women, Children, healers and hunters besides.
La Muerte
Sangrè Nueva
27 Posts
Ooc — Decay
just cameo for now, unless summoned/addressed.

when the matriarca descends from the palace, so does the faithful, shadow-masked man.

he remains close, watchful. but silent, he remains.

they will see him lurking, his pale tanned body not so nimble through the undergrowth. but he doesn't care if he is spotted. it will only be that much more of a warning to this visitor. 

should harm come to any of their own, a guardian is near to put an end to the unwanted.

"Common" | "Spanish"

(Please note: He is not fluent in english; thus he speaks minimal common and mostly spanish.)
La Muerte
Matriarca*

vampiress
136 Posts
Ooc — bon
the queen glances at basilio. though the man before him posed no threat, there was still comfort by standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the giant guard-to-be. she's quick to focus her attention on the man named rodyn, alpha of moontide.

alpha — primitive's word for king though even that wasn't befitting. she lingers on his offer.
a pleasure to meet you, rodyn. a cocky smirk pulls her lips as she watches him sink in the sights of her kingdom; yes, it is beautiful.
a pack hunt, you say... may i ask who is in attendance, who may be in attendance? there was opportunity here. not for allyship — she could truly give less of a shit about being allies with beasts beneath her. insight, riches, conquest is what she craves. but she couldn't afford to be dismissive of the man before her either. for now, she entertains the offer.

to the deer and otter skins, she scrutinizes the quality of the pelts. she touches both, caressing and getting a sense of their plushness. the otterskin could be a pouch or a cloak for one of her children — her daughters would look especially beautiful in dark furs — and the deer hide would look fine on nivis.
tráeme una piel de alce. she speaks to paloma. once knitted, her eyebrows now soften as she nods. impressive. por favor.

translation: "bring me an elk hide", "please"
reyna is rated mature
join La Muerte!
La Muerte
Patriarca*
idle
69 Posts
Ooc — idle
Nivis rolled his eyes upon hearing Reyna speak spanish and request more details about the hunt. Those weren’t important at all, literally. What mattered more was the fact they would have a fat meal to eat and women to surround them without doing much work.

Though he shivered a little hearing her call him love; he assumed they were rather on bad than good terms.

I already agreed, and I think it would be a great opportunity. Nivis added, looking at the company in the room. Should he leave? You might find yourself resting, my love, and then enjoy the best of the best.

in my heart perhaps? 

nivis is rated mature
Moontide
Alpha*
1,394 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
To say his skin was crawling would be an understatement. Rodyn was not always up to par with societal graces or matters of emotions. But he did know when he was being scrutinized like prey. He was a hunter after all. And this was one of those times.

But he forced himself to stay calm outwardly you'd never know he was already looking for a kind way to take his leave. He focused on her questions. While keeping a weather eye on the guard.

I cannot say for certain how many packs. For certain 4, but I am inviting quite a many more. At our last hunt there was over 8 packs in attendance. And many of us our hunters. So the fell rate will be a good one. Our last hunt we hunted Bison, this time it will be deer or Elk.

He tilted an esr at the young mans words. I apologize if I disturbed your rest. I know how demanding children can be.
La Muerte
Matriarca*

vampiress
136 Posts
Ooc — bon
how tempted she is to tell rodyn how difficult it is to have five children — one fully grown and the others just born. the crimson eyes of the queen only give a passing glance to nivis before she speaks.

of course, but it isn't wrong to ask for more details, darling. it is just like asking for what to wear to a ball.
she returns to the more important matters now, nivis can wait.

i agree with nivis; this is a splendid opportunity. i'm afraid i cannot come, as i cannot leave my children behind. but.. she nods towards nivis. i'm sure my husband can go, alongside some of our chosen men.

as she finishes, the elk hide finally arrives on the back of paloma, and the queen shifts gears.
ah, rodyn.. what do you take of this hide for the deer and otter?
reyna is rated mature
join La Muerte!