Dragoncrest Cliffs i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
The first howl had gotten her attention, and Rosalyn froze, ice and hope mixing in her gut.  She turned and sprinted a ways on the beach before sliding to a stop, her ears flat back.  Who had come?  Was it Erzulie?  Or some random stranger perhaps, not even an intruder from Rusalka at all?

Please let it be the second.

She wanted to escape, but the wolves here were numerous and Caiaphas' hold on the beach was not strong.  It would be madness to provoke them, and she had intended to return herself.  Better to allow one to slip unseen than them try to enter a guarded space.  Surely the witch wouldn't... not for her sake.  But Erzulie, her beautiful sylph.... she might.  She closed her eyes, then turned.  Her course would take her straight for where Helix now stood guard, and she would attempt to barrel past, a course that would hopefully take her to where a second round of calls had now gone up.  

If it was them, she could not just sit there.  And if it was not, then this was the chance she'd been waiting for regardless.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same - by Rosalyn - December 17, 2018, 07:41 PM