Ankyra Sound know that you shall die like whores
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Did she even know what she wanted from this anymore?  She was sorry, yes, but she had realized now that she was angry too.  Angry for things she hadn't even understood until she stood here and said them, and now hearing apologies, was it enough to trust Erzulie's words were true?

The sentiment was familiar, what she said about home.  Rosalyn had felt that before coming here, and before Drageda and their separation she'd have sworn it was the truest thing.  But she'd returned expecting this only to find things changed, and to discover the woman who she'd allowed to become her world would stand behind Caiaphas against her.  Caiaphas... an individual who, while perhaps tempered now, had once ordered Vlad to kill her on little more than a whim.  What could she feel but betrayed, and afraid, knowing if such a thing happened again, she might be forced to leave here alone?  

She'd grown so used to indifference in her life, she didn't know if she'd ever learn to deal with this newfound fear of loss.

No.  She did not know what she wanted.  She'd changed as well these past months, and she could feel a weariness settle on her.  She didn't pull away from Erzulie's touch.  Her faith in her wife had been shaken, but not irreparably, and not nearly so much as her faith in herself.  In the count of wrongs, her self destructive rush at Vaati took highest score right now, and she closed her eyes as pain clutched at her side, as if echoing the sentiment.  She'd meant well in most of her recent missteps, but not that one.  

It does suit you, she replied softly, opening her eyes again with a leveling gaze upon Erzulie.  Had it been her choice, she'd have found a place to suit them both, but she'd given that chance  away when they'd each been gifted with children.  Besides... would any place ever truly suit her. It wasn't even a question in her mind - the answer was plain.

You are home for me too, more then I've ever had.  I need you to believe that. Her voice began to fray at the end, overwhelmed,  but she caught it.  It may not sound like a lot, places I've been and being who I am, but it means more than I can ever really say.
Messages In This Thread
know that you shall die like whores - by Erzulie - April 01, 2019, 02:23 PM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Rosalyn - April 01, 2019, 06:13 PM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Erzulie - April 05, 2019, 12:14 PM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Rosalyn - April 05, 2019, 12:40 PM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Erzulie - April 11, 2019, 06:00 PM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Rosalyn - April 12, 2019, 11:47 PM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Erzulie - April 22, 2019, 03:53 PM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Rosalyn - April 24, 2019, 01:22 AM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Erzulie - April 26, 2019, 11:40 PM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Rosalyn - April 29, 2019, 06:12 PM