Ankyra Sound the brink of war as my judge and jury
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Her heart broke for her as Erzulie spoke, sounding so bitter.  She was soft for this in a way she was not even for their children, but she waited, listening as she cursed her own defense of this place.  Months ago, Rosalyn might have felt in some way vindicated, but at present she was too tired.  Besides, surprisingly, this wasn't what she had wanted either.

You fought for them, they fought for me, and you deserved this place. She said, unusually carefully.  My place was Ironsea.  Since then, nothing but you has felt right.  And at times, not even they had been the same.  But the tests had only made them stronger, she thought.  You weren't wrong for trying to have this.

For a while she had certainly resented being forced to stay when she so wanted to leave.  But in the end, she knew, she could have left.  Leaving would have been her choice, just as staying had been her wife's.  She'd chosen Erzulie, and there was no regret there either.

I don't know.  She'd stopped considering it, honestly.  Even as the pack disappeared around them, she hadn't thought they would leave.  Was there anywhere she wanted particularly to go?  She fell silent, considering that.  It wasn't that she didn't want to leave.  She just wondered if there was a place out there that would hold more for them, and how they might find it.
Messages In This Thread
the brink of war as my judge and jury - by Erzulie - August 03, 2019, 11:18 AM
RE: the brink of war as my judge and jury - by Rosalyn - August 05, 2019, 04:55 PM
RE: the brink of war as my judge and jury - by Erzulie - August 14, 2019, 12:47 AM
RE: the brink of war as my judge and jury - by Rosalyn - August 26, 2019, 11:07 AM
RE: the brink of war as my judge and jury - by Erzulie - August 29, 2019, 07:18 PM
RE: the brink of war as my judge and jury - by Rosalyn - August 31, 2019, 11:27 AM
RE: the brink of war as my judge and jury - by Erzulie - September 09, 2019, 09:35 AM