Blackfeather Woods We're driving in a black car
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
I don't see them, riña, she murmured gently, following the direction of his squint. She shifted on her paws, squinting herself—as if the action could somehow will them into existence for her, too. Yet. . .nothing. I've not taken the poi-son, she repeated, slower this time, so that he could really grasp onto the word. Not slow enough to make him feel stupid, though.

Maegi was about to explain the properties of the tree (so far as she was aware) when Anansi cried out, startling her. Fur bristling, she returned his look with a sharp glance of her own. What do you see, now? she asked, voice growing less gentle. It's in your imagination, Anansi. The poison enters your mind, makes you see things that others do not.

Sucking in a deep, steadying breath, she let her muzzle drift gently over the crown of his head, if he allowed the touch. It's all right, the Melonii whispered to her son. Nothing here can hurt you. Just promise me that you'll keep your distance from the tree.

Ha. Fat chance of that. It seemed the boy had inherited her own curiosity, gods help him.
Messages In This Thread
We're driving in a black car - by Anansi - August 10, 2019, 12:32 AM
RE: We're driving in a black car - by Maegi - August 11, 2019, 10:27 AM
RE: We're driving in a black car - by Anansi - August 13, 2019, 02:22 AM
RE: We're driving in a black car - by Maegi - August 16, 2019, 02:51 PM
RE: We're driving in a black car - by Anansi - August 20, 2019, 11:01 PM
RE: We're driving in a black car - by Maegi - August 21, 2019, 09:14 PM
RE: We're driving in a black car - by Anansi - September 03, 2019, 09:35 AM
RE: We're driving in a black car - by Maegi - September 04, 2019, 12:20 PM
RE: We're driving in a black car - by Anansi - September 12, 2019, 09:42 PM
RE: We're driving in a black car - by Maegi - September 20, 2019, 09:14 PM
RE: We're driving in a black car - by Anansi - September 27, 2019, 09:30 AM