Fairspell Meadow these ideas of mine percolate the mind
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
All Welcome 
perhaps someone she hasn't interacted with lately? @Rowan, @Venamis, @Abraxas?

She found the antler on the south edge of the meadow, alone and abandoned.

Which deer had it belonged to? Was that deer alive or dead? Perhaps the latter, or at least Maegi wanted to believe so. She seized it between her jaws and lifted her head, carrying it to the highest slope in the area, where she'd amassed a collection of small bones and stones.

Down it went, with care, along with the rest. A shrine to Jaes. If they were to stay here for a while, they must have an altar, and so she would provide. The antler was the centerpiece of it all, but the entire thing was beautiful, in a simple, gruesome way. She stared at it for a while, and then went to her belly, nose pressed to the earth.

Jaes, my lord, my god, she murmured, breath stirring the dying grass beneath her lips. Watch over us in our new home. Watch over Anansi in his. And please, lord. . .give us all strength. Give us the will to survive. We need it now more than ever.

Whoever came across her this day would find her, prostrate and whispering, overtaken by her fervent adoration of the one true god.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He was not happy.
He strayed from Moonshadow more often than not. His sister had fled from her care and he'd debate the same if there wasn't the chance of Tundra returning, which he still very much believed.
These days, he trailed @Nightstar from a distance, never seen. No interaction with his uncle. Yet.

He hated this place. No trees to hide under. Only a few scattered bushes and tall, dying grasses that hung over his head with dampness, drenching him every morning.
He didn't patrol. He didn't know what sort of borders there were here and didn't feel safe enough to guard them. Not without the trees.
Only Stone followed him here. Stick was with @Moonshine and was trusting of his sister's safety. As long as Stick was with her, there would be no trouble with his sister.
Void kept to her shadows, looming in the distance.

He wandered often and had happened across a pile of bones and stones. Only today he figured out who had made it. Maegi. He watched from under the grasses, blending in with the ground like a molehill, or something. She was praying.

But to who?
Jaes was God, right? 
Jaes ñuha āeksio, ñuha Jaes.

He emerged, "Who's Jaes?"
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Who's Jaes?

She turned to see Rowan approaching and was struck by how much he'd grown since their last one-on-one conversation. How had the move affected him? She had shepherded them all hastily out into the meadow, with little to no regard for their own feelings on the matter. Safety, not sentiment, was her main priority at this juncture.

Jaes is. . .Peryite, Maegi explained, dipping her head in greeting. A flick of her tail beckoned him closer, if he liked. When I was trapped in the tunnels, the daedra revealed themselves to be false gods, and Peryite revealed their true name. Well. They are nameless, but Jaes is the name they decided to give to me. The one true god, ruling over all. The daedra were nothing but. . .shadows.

Poor Rowan. Poor all the children, really. All the coaching on the Melonii religion that Maegi had given them had been tossed aside in favor of this monotheism. What were they really to believe? She rose to a sitting position, her normally thin frame gone gaunt with the turmoil and lack of prey. How are you, Rowan? she asked, her voice kind but detached.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He came closer to her, inspecting her collection. Stones, bones, and great antler. It didn't look so big from afar, even against Maegi, but now it was huge. He could sleep on its clutches if he wanted to.
Or be skewered if it were still on the head of the stag it hailed from.

What did they tell the Nona?
Obviously bad, but maybe it was good? Good that the Daedra felt they should reveal their true form.
"Maybe the Daedra were just the aspects of Jaes?"
If each God did a different thing, it made sense that there would be one that all.
One function, one God. 
It'd be something to think about in his small but expansive mind; still easily manipulated to readily believe anything.

Then she asked how he was doing.
His expression turned forlorn and his tail twitched, thinking of the right words. What could he say to her? 
"I don't like it here. I don't feel like anyone can keep me safe but myself." 
And he'd proved it to himself in the attack. He'd saved a life and his own. He did his best, at least. There also seemed to be less food here too. In the woods, there were some lasting plants, mushrooms, berries, dead birds and small creatures in the Mire. Here, things scuttled far too fast through the grass. 
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Maegi began to shake her head and paused, mouth twisting uncertainly. That hadn't been her experience, but she didn't want to outright disagree with Rowan. Not when he'd shown such a proclivity for thinking outside the box. To discount him fully would be foolish, and she knew it.

That wasn't my experience, she said amiably, shrugging. They appeared as wolves of my past, wolves that had done me harm. Jaes appeared as the only true god among them. But. . .you could be right. Maybe the daedra just didn't want me.

Not the first time someone had ostracized her. She could take it.

His honesty was good, although she had to admit it wounded her slightly. She had, after all, been the one to make the choice to bring them here. It's different, she agreed, stifling a sigh. It's a lot to get used to. I just. . .I worry about the trees. But I'm sorry you don't feel safe here, either.

archiving this for now since you're on PPC, but please feel free to revive it if you want when you're back, @Rowan <3