Horizon Ridge You like to drink and to smoke to take away the pain
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
On the plateau, that way.  Rosalyn felt the tension leave her as Nieve said it. Not lost, not broken... their family, at least the heart of it, was still here.  Marisol was missing just before, she recalled, but Scarab as well?  She pictured him and felt a twinge of hurt at the news.  Later.  So she and Reyes remained, and Erzulie.  It was selfish of a mother, but above all, her wife had occupied her fears.

You were gone when I found my way back.  I'm so glad you are okay! She gave Nieve one last once over, as though confirming.  A bit slim, but she too was gaunt.

Then, at her daughter's addition, she remembered Cam.  He'd given her company, and while she hadn't thought too much of it, her current relief made her do something surprising, even to herself.  She stepped forward and pulled him in as well, a quick, comforting embrace.

Until you find them, she said, with a nod.  Scarab was gone, as were Clementine and Marisol (as far as she still knew).  They had room for him, a stand by family until he found what had become of his own.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You like to drink and to smoke to take away the pain - by Rosalyn - November 11, 2019, 09:30 PM