Shadow Mountain I am inimitable, I am an original
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Private 
For @Maegi , she's on Diaspora's side of the mountain (not over any borders)

She followed the stream up into the mountains after having found her long lost brother. Whether he would follow her or if she had promised to stay around or come back after her adventure was still up in the air. Lumi wasn't afraid of heights, her dainty paws finding the sturdiest of places to travel upon as she ascended. Sometimes her hind legs would make the path crumble behind her, but she was quick and clever enough not to fall. Beneath her she saw the lands of Diaspora, even though she didn't know the name of it.

For a brief moment she wondered what it would be like to live in a vale, surrounded by mountains. Was it warmer there? Was prey plenty? But the thought left her mind as soon as it had arrived, focused upon crossing the mountains and into the Flatlands.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She wasn't sure why she had come here again. Perhaps in an attempt to cope, to live with the evil that dwelled upon the mountain. She kept wary, ears swiveling atop her head. 

The past could come hurtling back in an instant, or so it seemed. 

But a very pretty young girl appeared instead, reminding Maegi of the shadow-cloaked shewolf from the other day. This one's appearance was even more striking, though, with a patchwork pelt and bicolored eyes. The Melonii hailed her with a chuff, tail flagging. Friendly, but on-guard.

What brings you here? Maegi asked casually, cocking her head just slightly to one side in query.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She hadn't expected to run into someone up here. This was one of the very few mountains little Lumi had ever traversed, and she didn't particularly enjoy it. The harsh northern winds and hints of snow weren't helping either, rushing through her coat with vigor and seemingly malicious intent. The only positive thing she could say about it was that the view was breathtakingly stunning, which made the journey ever so slightly more bearable.

Someone approached, coat gleaming like the season's ashes but face adorned with the remnants of combat. Her parents had their fair share of scars, but this woman's were on another level. It looked like her face was melting off, exposing her chompers on one side. Lumi found this creepy at first but told herself not to judge by appearances. She swallowed and wagged her tail in return, facing the woman who was not much bigger than her. At least that made her feel calmer.

I'm trying to find Blackfeather Woods. She informed matter-of-factly. Have you seen or heard about it? She asked, hope twinkling in her bicolored eyes, a trait she shared with the stranger.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She winced involuntarily, the name hurled her way somewhat akin to being slapped. Blackfeather Woods. She hadn't really allowed herself to say it; had barely allowed herself to think it. And yet here it was, between the two of them, brought to ugly life once more by speech.

Yes, Maegi replied hollowly, lifting her muzzle to point to the south. It's on that side of the mountains. . .but you won't find anyone there. At least, so she thought.

She gave the girl a look straddling the line between curious and dazed. Why do you ask? she queried, wariness entering her voice. Few sought Blackfeather for a neutral purpose. The young woman either had no love for the place—or the opposite. Maegi didn't know which outcome prickled at her more.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Her expression morphed into one of relief and happiness at the same time, though the stranger didn't seem to like talking about the place much at all. Blondine hadn't ever heard of the woods, making Blackfeather Woods less infamous than what her parents had made her belief. Yet, here was her prove; someone knowing what it was and where and not very happy to share the information with her. She knew, however, that the woman was probably right. There was no one waiting for her at the dark woods, but there was no one waiting for her anywhere.

My parents were born there. They've told great stories of the place, so I'd like to see it for myself. Lumi didn't know she was playing with fire. She didn't know who was before her, then again, it was all the more reason for her to be more careful with the information she shared. As far as she knew, she had just met a friendly face again - like with Blondine, willing to help and share a friendly conversation.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Your parents, Maegi repeated softly, intrigued. I was born there, too. It is quite a place. . .lots of damage from the earth shaking, unfortunately. But still— She caught herself beginning to ramble, tangled up in the joy of speaking to the woods to someone who should, by blood, be warm toward the place.

But just who were these parents? I'm Maegi, she introduced herself, giving the girl a curious look-over. Most of the wolves born within Blackfeather had been Melonii. Was this young lady kin? She certainly had to be. Maegi Melonii. And you?
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
An earth shake? Had there been one after they had all left the Teekon? She would've had no idea if this woman hadn't told her. For someone who'd been born in these lands, Lumi knew very little of them. And then there was the following bit of information. To think this stranger had been born in the dark woods... There was only one explanation, but she didn't want to jump to conclusions.

Her eyes widened and she cracked a smile. They were family... somehow. I'm Lumiya - Lumiya Melonii. She returned the introduction, overjoyed to know her and Venamis weren't the only Meloniis walking around here. So we must be related! She said, perhaps a little too enthusiastically. Maegi didn't look much older than three, maybe two years so she wasn't her grannie. Mother hadn't bothered to mention Maegi, so they were probably far apart on the family tree. Maybe an aunt or a cousin?
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Maegi smiled at her excitement, nodding. We must, indeed, she agreed softly, though worry still churned within her stomach as she added, Who are your parents? And where were they, anyway? The young woman was awfully young to be out wandering with no discernible pack-scent attached to her pelt.

She thought suddenly of Venamis and froze, teeth gritted slightly. Venamis. Around the same age as this girl, a Melonii himself. Could it be. . .?

No! Lumiya was sweet; kindness clung to her in an aura. Venamis was anything but. How could two siblings be so different—unless circumstances had made them so? Or perhaps she had taken after her mother, and Venamis after his damned father.

It was the most likely scenario, and she didn't want to acknowledge it.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She was visibly uncomfortable when she was asked to reveal her parents' identities, but she took a deep breath and said; My mother is called Nyx, my dad Damien. She frowned after it, not happy with her identity. She had never felt like their child, more like their failed project. A gentle soul they could not twist to do their bidding - a spirit they could not control. She was the odd one out, the runt of the litter despite being the firstborn, the white lamb born between the wolves. You knew them?