Blacktail Deer Plateau you make me feel the gentle moonlight on my face
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
preferably anyone she has not yet threaded with<3 also welcome to rosalyn who she has threaded w but hasn't met

It was nighttime. A heavy snow fell upon the land, coating it in a glimmering white. Huā was pacing the borders- not patrolling, no, she wasn't that dedicated- just walking. As she paced, stars twinkled above her, barely visible beyond the sheen of cloud. This is where her seafoam eyes were cast, observing the dark expanse. Barely paying attention to the ground in front of her as she gazes at the galaxy, she trips suddenly on a root, landing flat on her face with a quiet yelp. She pulls herself up again, wiping bits of snow off her nose and scolding herself silently for her clumsiness.
Sapphique
PPC
111 Posts
Ooc —
until now, the girl has stayed well away from the borders. she can not deny the desire to wander beyond them again exists; there is something beautiful in wandering, searching. but she must bury it deep, and then deeper—she can not leave her family again, not when a mere hunting trip had turned into a months-long absence. Rosalyn has returned to them, to her joy, and yet she knows her mother's initial absence is her fault. 

no, clem will stay her wanderlust and remain rooted here. still, occasional trips to the borderline territories are necessary, for prey is smarter than to congregate in the heart of their plateau. and so she steels herself, head tucked low and shoulders hunched, as she moves against the storm. snow falls dizzyingly from the heights, at times so thickly it seems impenetrable. 

she does not expect to find another, least of all a stranger, amidst the gale. a yelp, barely heard, and then the outlines of an earthy-pelted woman. for a moment, she is frozen; unable to tell if this woman is a packmate or not and hoping desperately it is not the latter. tongue passes over her lips in quick nervousness, and she wishes dearly for the snow to fall swift and thickly again and hid her from view. but the weather has never obeyed her wishes, least of all now, and so she offers a small "hello," that is just as likely to be lost among the wind and oppressive silence than reach the woman.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
A sound touches the wind, barely more than a whisper in that snowfall, but a girl's voice all the same. And though it is too quiet to hear what exactly is said, it still draws Huā's eyes forward, to the source of the noise. 

There was the prettiest little rose, blooming despite the snow- a warm pink girl with glowing eyes like a white wine, and the pleasantly soft features of childhood. "Hey 宝宝," she coos warmly, unable to help herself. Though she would not admit it, Huā loved little kids. They were too cute- that catlike boy of the beach, or this rosy girl of the plateau- their sweetness charmed her. Until she met kids like Tuvak, that is- she couldn't stand that ego. 

"Are you from here? I am new, my name Huā." she calls over the wind to the little girl, before decidedly walking a few paces closer, blackened paws crunching the heavy snowbanks.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
hope you don't mind!

Another of theirs had returned - Clementine, the lost one she'd left to find in the first place.  Rosalyn was not angry, and their reunion had been joyful.  She was glad that the girl was alright; the failing was her own and the fault was the ocean's.  She could not blame their daughter.

When she caught sight of Clementine speaking with another stranger, one similar to the others who had joined, Rosalyn allowed her curiosity to carry her over.  She did not interrupt, but waited at a distance for a break in which to introduce herself. Then, slowly, it dawned on her.  That wouldn't be necessary... she knew this woman.
Sapphique
PPC
111 Posts
Ooc —
the pretty lady greets her with a word she does not know; the girl is not bold enough to comment on it. "um," she begins, suddenly unsure how to explain herself, "a little." the woman steps near; dread looms in the pit of her stomach. she girl blinks, feathered tail wavering nervously as carefully, she replies, "my name's clementine." 

there comes another; her wagging increases. a smile, a glance at rosalyn. "that's my mama," she explains, immeasurably glad at her mother's arrival here.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
ofc not!! :P

The girl's voice is just a whisper, which only warms Huā's heart further. She was a delicate little flower, pale and wavering, looking as if a strong blow of wind could carry her away. It only makes the siren want to shelter her more, seeing the girl look so timid. She blinks kind eyes at the child's introduction, Clementine, pretty for a common name, she decides. 

Then the child's gaze moves beyond Huā, and so the mermaid turns to see. Just as the child introduces her mother, Huā recognizes her. It was the old woman from the beach- she distantly recalls her asking for Rusalka. It is only now that she connects those two dots. She had long forgotten the strange words they'd spewed at her, but now she's aware of where she is. Huā blinks awkwardly with some confusion in her moment of surprise- before stammering out awkwardly, "I happy to meet you, Clementine. A-and your mother..." She breathes, remembering how she'd used her language in hopes of vexing them, now praying the woman hadn't held onto any bad feelings towards her.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Clementine's obvious happiness in seeing her warmed her, and Rosalyn stepped forward to brush her muzzle over her daughter's cheek and behind the ear affectionately.

So, you found us as well, she said good naturedly.  Then she turned her attention to her daughter in explanation.  I met her while I was searching for you.  She'd not been particularly patient either, she remembered.  Now that the urgency was gone, she held no ill will over the encounter.  She did not recall if she'd gotten the woman's name.
Sapphique
PPC
111 Posts
Ooc —
she relaxes at her mother's touch, sighing her relief. her gaze flickers up at rosalyn as she explains how they'd become acquainted. she is made bolder by her mother's presence, and asks curiously then of the woman,  "that word, the one you said earlier -- what does it mean?" it did not sound anything like the common tongue, but slipped easily from the woman's maw.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Realizing she'd never told Rosalyn her name, she repeats what she'd said before- I am Huā. She tells the woman, who thankfully, did not seem to hold any ill will. There was a story here, too... the phrase while i was searching for you hints at a mother and daughter seperated. She wonders if that had had anything to do with the other things of which she'd inquired, that day on the beach. 

Now the girl turns a queston towards her, of her language. Huā smiles. 宝宝- it mean precious child, little treasure... She grasps at the best translation she can. Hoping that this phrase of endearment was okay, she glances up at the child's mother once again.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Hua's nerves put any ill will far from Rosalyn's mind.  She was glad that the woman was careful, because she would protect her children viciously, even into adulthood.  Clementine particularly seemed to need it, and sensing that, the mother remained close.

She didn't interrupt, but basked silently in their presence, listening as Clementine asked her questions.  She could learn a lot, she had learned, from seeing how a wolf interacted with others, sometimes more than interacting herself.

y'all can skip her if you wish!  I'll jump in if she's addressed or has anything to contribute
Sapphique
PPC
111 Posts
Ooc —
"宝宝she echoes, albeit rather softly and changed on her tongue. tongue passes over her lips, glancing toward her mother when her sustained attention toward the woman seems too much, suddenly. glad that she seems content to stay close, her attention returns to hua, and she offers, "it's pretty." 

and then, perhaps a little boldly coming from her, "I've never heard words like you say them before," she admits, auds canting curiously.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
if yall want we can tie this up soon since a lot happened ^.^

Rosalyn was quiet as Clementine quietly echoed the mandarin term cutely in her accented voice. It was not perfect, but the tinge of the common language that influenced her pronunciation was adorably charming. She calls the language pretty, and Huā smiles gently. 

I not surprise that you never hear. My people come from the south. 这是中文。 She paused, letting the girl process the unique tones of each syllable. Then, curiously, Do you speak only common? Not an insult or a judgement, simply wanting to learn more about these people. For now, she paid little attention to Rosalyn.