Blackbeak Bluff ullus
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
All Welcome 
it had been some days since he and @Artyom had set off from whitebark. a dream had woken germanicus, a vision that brought the veiled, familiar shade closer and closer. germanicus pursued, but when the figure had turned, it was ico's eyes that glowed beneath the misted shroud.

uncomfortable, the guard shook out his ruff and began a long patrol of the nearby bluff, gazing out upon the sea as the sun rose in beams of gold upon its expansive surface.
74 Posts
Ooc — Joja
She had come from the west. Keeping the sea on her left she travelled along the coast at a steady trot of 5mph, she had originally planned to keep going until she had reached the end of the world, a childish idea. Now, with her stinging pads and windswept fur she had begun to change her mind. Auriel never wanted to see another human ever again, yet this land seemed so wild, so untouched. The she-wolf was just deciding to take a break when she saw a not-so-distant silloute against the sky, gazing out at the waves. Auriel came to a halt, the sea breeze covering the strangers scent with that of brine and fish.

Her golden fur shone in the sun as she continued on, her steps delicate as she picked her way over the stones. Auriel was not a pup, being nearly three years old one would think she had more sense, more experience. This was untrue. She had spent most of her life at a wolf sanctuary, this was her first four months in the wild. She barked a greeting, standing at a safe distance. She could still not catch the strangers scent, and so she stoof stiff, ready to flee at any second. This stranger was not the first wild wolf she had met, yet they scared her all the same, despite her size.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
a curious, bright thing. germanicus heard the tread of the other before his other senses beckoned; jawline tensed, but the stranger presented no danger. they were odd enough to warrant a closer look, and so the centurion approached. a powerful, blazing woman, eyes trained upon him in suspicion. another warrior? the guardian wondered.

a rumble of invitation in his throat as the man came to a pause some feet away. would she startle, flee off across the coastline? he had inspired such reactions before, and watched closely to see if the patterned occupant of these lands might offer him a fight in a misguided attempt at challenge.
74 Posts
Ooc — Joja
The she-wolf was not built like a warrior, more of a scout, or a hunter. She had the lean build more like a racehound then a wolf, her tail shorter then most, ears bigger. She came from lands across the sea. "Are you dangerous?" Her voice was thick, foreign. 

"I have met others, they greeted me with violence. I suggest you do not do the same." Not exactly a threat, but her tone was not that of someone who was out to make friends. Not yet, at least. At the sanctuary no wolves had to fight for food or mating rights, here was so strange to her.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
she was precise, firm, accented. "i am," he answered, for it was the truth. "but i do not intend to greet you with violence unless you cause it to be necessary." on equal footing, the soldier drew closer, lifting his nose to take her scent. "you are alone?" artyom was not near at hand, though surely more available than anyone this loner could call to herself.

"germanicus, of whitebark," the man grunted in the next moment by way of greeting. the hushflower glow of his eyes remained on the she-wolf.