Dragoncrest Cliffs for even if she flees, she shall soon pursue
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She waited a beat after Erzulie finished, but Rosencrantz remained silent.  It was simple, then.  Perhaps he'd offered a reason to Erzulie or perhaps he'd had no reason to give; either way, did it really matter?  She'd long since parted with the notion that wolves never left.  They came and went like gulls from the cliffs, some only leaving passing impressions, others full nests in their wake.  His impression had been stronger than most; it trailed behind her daily, slept beside her at night, and while never making a sound, spoke clearer to her than most would ever hope to.

He knows his role when it come to de way we raise our family.

But if I recall, I told him differently, she thought silently.  She'd recounted the mistake with Firefly, the subsequent loss of most of their first brood.  Perhaps it was not the lack of a father, but some key understanding had been missing when raising the first.  For the second she'd hoped for more, a core family that perhaps could include a father alongside two mothers.  Not primary, but a secondary voice in the raising and a figure to turn to.  She had no notion of a father aside from what the lack had cost her so many years ago.

Later.  She stood silent as she thought this, obviously thinking the matter over fully.  Finally she sighed.  There isn't much to forgive; I'm under no pretense of eternal loyalty.  She smirked, then shook her head.  Just, next time, an explanation.  I thought perhaps the sea had claimed you.  She was too tired at this point for grudges and too glad to see a familiar face.  If Erzulie had forgiven him, that was enough for her.  She imagined her own approval, despite being the final word, had been an easier mark to obtain.

WC: 305
Messages In This Thread
for even if she flees, she shall soon pursue - by Erzulie - November 20, 2020, 06:09 PM
RE: for even if she flees, she shall soon pursue - by Rosalyn - November 20, 2020, 08:15 PM