Redhawk Caldera a drop filled with memories
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,968 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Naturally, Fennec was curious about Toad's fate. Meerkat sucked in a shaky breath and tried to steel herself for that gruesome tale. It was still so fresh and raw, there was part of her that didn't want to relive it. Certainly she would start crying again. She supposed that was okay. It would be painful, though maybe telling Toad's tragic story would also help her heal.

"A bear," she said quietly, her voice thick. "It... it..." Already her voice began to quaver. She took another deep breath. "It tore her face. I could see—" Meerkat cut off abruptly here, a sob wrenching loose. On second thought, did Fen even want all the grisly details? And on that note, she abruptly remembered Desdemona and the sob was followed by a low moan.

"Desdemona was killed too," she said once she could manage words again. This loss wasn't quite as agonizing to her personally, though it was still an incredible blow. Meerkat didn't even attempt to mention the eagle plucking out the guardian's eyes. That image would haunt her for the rest of her life, there was no reason to burden Fennec with it. (You'll have to forgive Meerkat for forgetting her sister was blind just then.)
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
a drop filled with memories - by Meerkat - January 06, 2021, 11:38 PM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Fennec - January 06, 2021, 11:52 PM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Meerkat - January 07, 2021, 12:06 AM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Fennec - January 07, 2021, 02:58 AM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Meerkat - January 07, 2021, 10:03 AM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Fennec - January 07, 2021, 11:52 PM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Meerkat - January 08, 2021, 01:11 PM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Fennec - January 09, 2021, 12:44 AM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Meerkat - January 09, 2021, 05:31 PM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Fennec - January 10, 2021, 01:41 AM
RE: a drop filled with memories - by Meerkat - January 10, 2021, 02:31 PM