Dragoncrest Cliffs Then let the storm roll in
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Sounds like a pretty good life, she responded, picturing it.  Thoughts of an island brought up faint memories of swimming to an island on the coast here, but the details were lost.  A trip with Erzulie, no doubt... perhaps when they'd been scouting new homes after Ironsea fell?

It hardly mattered.  Aye, they can be.  If we plan to hunt one, we might need to show some the ropes on that.  There were a fair number of landlocked wolves here now.  They'd resolve that soon enough.

It had been a long while since someone had asked about her past.  She was surprised by it, but didn't mind, and in fact was a tad touched.  I grew up south of here, on the coast.  Picked up what I could from anyone willing to teach me, before I was made to leave.  Some memories of the distant past came clearer than others, and that day was burned into her mind better than most of the rest.  Not her mother's face... just the sense of it.

Learned some from the pirates after, but it was different.  Feels like I've never lived far from the sea, and after a while, things just become natural. You forget a time when you didn't know it.  She couldn't say the first time she'd hunted a seal anymore, or the first time she'd swam within the waters.  All of it was as familiar as speaking.
Messages In This Thread
Then let the storm roll in - by Rosalyn - January 20, 2021, 10:49 AM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Njord - January 23, 2021, 11:31 AM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Rosalyn - January 29, 2021, 10:40 PM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Njord - February 05, 2021, 02:04 PM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Rosalyn - February 17, 2021, 11:47 PM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Njord - February 20, 2021, 09:36 PM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Rosalyn - February 28, 2021, 02:39 PM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Njord - March 15, 2021, 08:49 PM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Rosalyn - March 28, 2021, 12:50 PM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Njord - May 19, 2021, 08:58 AM