Dragoncrest Cliffs Then let the storm roll in
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Sometimes Rosalyn forgot the scars, even with the loss of vision in one eye. She shook her head, recalling. She thought of it less now, especially with the cliffs full of memories and wolves long removed from that time.

I got these here, from the wolves that claimed this place before us. She answered, unbothered by the question. They held me on the beach, and when I tried to escape, I earned these. She'd managed it, though, yes? A fight, she'd fled into the forest, the witch behind her.... no. That wasn't right.

They are gone now. So we claimed what they left. Rosalyn finished, cutting the tale short when she found the details to be hard to recall. In time they came back to her. She remembered returning to Erzulie, the witch there, and wishing to depart this edge of the coast for good. It was hard to imagine ever desiring that now.

It's better to own a thing than let it own you, Rosalyn added with quiet reflection. She wondered if Njord would understand the sentiment. He seemed so young compared to her, relatively untouched by such things. Yet she didn't know his past, did she?
Messages In This Thread
Then let the storm roll in - by Rosalyn - January 20, 2021, 10:49 AM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Njord - January 23, 2021, 11:31 AM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Rosalyn - January 29, 2021, 10:40 PM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Njord - February 05, 2021, 02:04 PM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Rosalyn - February 17, 2021, 11:47 PM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Njord - February 20, 2021, 09:36 PM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Rosalyn - February 28, 2021, 02:39 PM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Njord - March 15, 2021, 08:49 PM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Rosalyn - March 28, 2021, 12:50 PM
RE: Then let the storm roll in - by Njord - May 19, 2021, 08:58 AM