Dragoncrest Cliffs I put my hands in the fire
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
How to make them understand?  Their ire hurt, but she was for the most part unmoved in her opinion.  Chacal seemed to grow frustrated, uttering a string of sounds that had no meaning, but the language of her form was clear enough.  Good.  Despite everything, then, a lesson was being learned.  Rosalyn looked at her for a long moment, thinking.

Only the Rosada are invited to participate in the run.  If you wish to swim next time, then show that you want it.  Seek leadership through the months before, not on a single day.  She said, looking at her daughter first.  This was a start, and she would remember it, though she was disinclined to give in to demands put forth like this.  She saw no understanding in them, no desire to give she nor Erzulie any credit or trust.

Valravn neither.  Rosalyn felt her frustration sharpen as she failed to find the words she needed to explain.  In fact... the entire argument, after her statement to Chacal, scattered.  It isn't fair.  It was for the rest but it seemed she would be incapable, today, of convincing him it was for him.  Before she could stop it, her temper thrust the words forth.  Many things aren't.

It was the wrong thing but it was a truth.  Later she would likely speak to Erzulie and discuss the swimming, how Valravn seemed to fear it.  But today she would not move for the sake of his outburst and she instead let it rest on a cutting edge.  Distaste in her own ability to manage the pulse of this conversation reared forth and her ears flicked back.  We can speak more later.

At least there was a half-apology to her tone there, but she couldn't manage now.  It didn't matter, however.  They seemed already prepared to go, and when they went, she would not stop them.
Messages In This Thread
I put my hands in the fire - by Rosalyn - February 23, 2021, 06:10 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Chacal - February 23, 2021, 06:14 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Rosalyn - February 23, 2021, 06:31 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Chacal - February 23, 2021, 06:51 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Val - February 26, 2021, 02:41 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Rosalyn - February 26, 2021, 05:26 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Chacal - February 28, 2021, 12:20 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Val - March 06, 2021, 10:38 AM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Rosalyn - March 07, 2021, 01:45 AM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Chacal - March 11, 2021, 01:12 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Val - March 21, 2021, 08:39 AM