Dragoncrest Cliffs The bottle stench may be here to stay
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
If she'd known what Chacal felt, maybe she could have done a better job alleviating her fears.  As it was, Rosalyn failed to realize that so much of her daughter's worth hung on her perceived rank... something that Rosalyn had cared about in her youth, but forgotten now.  Now her only desire was to lead her family's fate, and the rest that came with was meaningless.

Chacal was young and had a future to look towards.  Her mother had lost touch with this.

She waited, hoping that the invitation to share in something that the girl clearly enjoyed would open the doors that were shut.  Instead of the words she expected, though, Rosalyn instead received a message she could understand... and one that cut her deep.  She didn't understand it and for a moment stood still, confused, the ocean ice at her feet.

How could I?  She finally asked, turning finally to look at her.  I love you too much already.  

She felt strangely sad, a feeling that crept up in her throat and threatened for a moment to cut the words off.  What kind of mother was she, then, that she had to say it like that?  That she got a question like that?  The sorrow in Chacal's voice cracked the shattered mess of her recent heart even further.  Perhaps she was intruding... and maybe she should go.

I just want you to be happy, pajarita.  That's all I ever want.  And if that meant singing alone on the beach, then she'd acknowledge it.  She turned, intending to depart down the beach and leave her to her quiet.  Maybe another day they could sing together.
Messages In This Thread
The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - February 28, 2021, 04:18 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 04, 2021, 05:45 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 04, 2021, 05:59 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 11, 2021, 07:32 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 11, 2021, 07:49 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 11, 2021, 08:16 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 14, 2021, 07:04 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 15, 2021, 02:42 AM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 15, 2021, 05:09 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 15, 2021, 05:35 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 15, 2021, 05:50 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 18, 2021, 10:07 AM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 18, 2021, 02:13 PM