Dragoncrest Cliffs The bottle stench may be here to stay
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Despite the struggle with which she put them forth, apparently these words broke through.  Rosalyn felt her weariness expounded in relief as Chacal finally broke her distance and came to her.  She pulled her into the embrace and returned it, hugging her tightly as best she could despite the fact she was perhaps the taller of the two now.

I'm sorry too, she breathed.  Not for the slights perceived on the beach but for the other deeper ones; that Chacal was ever led to doubt their love for her, that she apparently struggled silently alone.  To the pirate, a quiet wolf was a happy wolf, and she had nearly realized the box she'd painted her daughter into too late.

It was time to re-evaluate her assumptions then.  If she wished to speak, wished to lead, then Rosalyn would help her.  Because if she wanted it - truly wanted it - then she was more deserving than the rest.  And Rosalyn would see her on that path.

Now, will you remind me the words to the song?  Though yours were lovely, I think perhaps they don't suit me.  She smiled, and with the touch of humor hoped to move forward now.
Messages In This Thread
The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - February 28, 2021, 04:18 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 04, 2021, 05:45 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 04, 2021, 05:59 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 11, 2021, 07:32 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 11, 2021, 07:49 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 11, 2021, 08:16 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 14, 2021, 07:04 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 15, 2021, 02:42 AM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 15, 2021, 05:09 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 15, 2021, 05:35 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 15, 2021, 05:50 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 18, 2021, 10:07 AM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 18, 2021, 02:13 PM