Wheeling Gull Isle Some feathers I stole from the birds
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Maegi kept her eyes averted for most of it. She had seen terrible things, but not this—never this. It was butchery; even done for the children's sake, it was butchery and there was no getting around that. Mou set to his task quietly, carefully, doggedly. . .and a trio of puppies came free.

Without hesitation, she ripped the sac from one of the bundles and began to lick it in firm, rhythmic strokes, trying to get its blood and breath moving. They were small and so still; she feared that they may not be able to bring them to life at all.

Help me, Maegi said between ministrations, gaze darting toward her mate. She dared not look at Niamh. Instead, she continued to work on the first pup—and to her great surprise and joy, it let out a mewl, a tiny cry, and began to scrabble feebly in the grass.

She let out a sobbing breath, almost a laugh, and looked to Mou, hoping that he was starting to work on another babe. She sank to the ground and exposed her belly, drawing the little one toward her ever-swelling teats with hasty care. I don't know if I'll. . .be able to. . . she said, weariness evident in her voice.

While the first pup rooted for a nipple, she reached for the third pup, a silent prayer in her mind to Jaes—

Give me milk. Help me give them life.

I don't know the names of all three pups yet so I will just tag players -- @Kate @Aeglaeca @Khali. You can choose among yourselves who "wakes up" first here!
Messages In This Thread
Some feathers I stole from the birds - by RIP Niamh - March 18, 2021, 04:32 PM
RE: Some feathers I stole from the birds - by Maegi - March 18, 2021, 05:44 PM
RE: Some feathers I stole from the birds - by Maegi - March 18, 2021, 06:10 PM
RE: Some feathers I stole from the birds - by Maegi - March 20, 2021, 06:50 AM
RE: Some feathers I stole from the birds - by Maegi - March 21, 2021, 10:55 AM
RE: Some feathers I stole from the birds - by Vesper - March 23, 2021, 10:25 AM
RE: Some feathers I stole from the birds - by Peregrine - March 25, 2021, 10:13 AM
RE: Some feathers I stole from the birds - by Prevost - March 25, 2021, 07:08 PM
RE: Some feathers I stole from the birds - by Maegi - March 26, 2021, 04:17 PM