Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
922 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
All Welcome 
It was an unusually hot spring morning. Njord took solace by the cliffside,  soaking in the salty ocean breeze as his tongue hung from his jaws, panting. His plush winter coat has been traded for a sleek, cool jacket of coarse hair… and he had caught a chickadee stealing large clumps of shed fur for its nest.

Teekon was  thriving with new life. The chirps of baby birds, nests of baby rabbits, and long-legged fawns could be frequently spied on patrol. Soon, Erzulie’s brood would come into the world… and day by day Njord grew more anticipatory. For some reason, he could not come to share his feelings with @Chacal or @Merlin… (perhaps, because he had smelled the latter on his paramour. The children could be his…). @Haunt was gone too… and though he had briefly met @Eadwulf and @Alyx, the seafarer could not say he was yet close with them.

His blue eyes scanned the quiet coast and then the treeline. Would he run in to someone today?
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

super-adorable little shrimp
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
For some reason the story about the spider Anansi up in the stary sky had stuck with Merlin all those weeks later, since he had it heard first. The idea of actual celestial being up there, looking down, weaving webs and catching stars in it was oddly alluring and he spent many sleepless nights, looking up at the starry sky trying to catch sight of it.

And one night he finally did. The dark azure cloth spread above him began to vibrate and shift, gaining solid shape and form. Anansi had a metallic gleam about him and there was an odd buzzing sound, when he moved across the skyline, one long limb after another in perfect, seamless coordination. Merlin stared at the sight in awe and shrunk, when the god turned his eight black bead eyes at him and stared him down.

He awoke the next morning, the intesity of that gaze imprinted on his mind so that even in a broad daylight Merlin felt as if he was still being watched. Anxiously he wandered through the forest, seeking shelter to hide from the invisible eyes watching him, but no place felt good enough. So out in the open he went and with a little relieved quickening of his heart he saw Njord ahead of him. They had not talked with each other for a long time now - one dealing with romantic blues, the other struggling with mental issues on daily basis. 

"Hey," he greeted his friend, when he slunk over to sit next to him and shot a worried glance over his shoulder and up in the sky.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
922 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
It wasn’t long before company joined him cliffside. Merlin’s red form sifted from between the trees and took a seat besides him. “Ahoy, Mer,” Njord greeted amicably. He tucked away the thoughts that Erzulie might be carrying his friend’s children and not his own. He had no ill will towards the other wolf – his dilemma was purely self-inflicted.

Before he could decide whether to broach the subject of the soon-to-arrive pups, Njord noticed the wary look upon Merlin’s face. He turned to look in the same direction... but nothing was there. “You al’right, friend?” Njord chuckled. “Yew look like yer bein’ haunted by a ghost.”
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

super-adorable little shrimp
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Uuuh..." Merlin did not really know, what to tell Njord. It was no secret to his friend that he was having bad days quite frequently, but he was very sure that no one had the slightest idea of the extent of it. It was bad enough that people knew he had some faulty wiring inside his coconut, they did not have to know, what it meant to live with it, experience it.

"Yeah... well, no. Not a ghost. That's silly," he shrugged and smiled nervously, suppressing the instinct to look over his shoulder again and simultaneoulsy trying to come up with a good topic to steer the conversation away from him to something else. "What... how are you doing? It's been a while..." he asked, slight desperation underlying his tone. He really did not wish to discuss himself any longer than necessary.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
922 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Merlin attempted to playoff his perturbed erraticism and Njord obliged to change the subject, though a small bit of worry nagged the seafarer’s mind. If only he knew this would be one of the last encounters with his silly, ruddy friend before he careened off the cliffs during a hallucinogenic episode.

“Aye, it ‘as,” Njord agreed. “Keepin’ busy meself… Erzulie’s bairns are soon ta arrive.” He remembered the day with Erzulie vividly. Merlin’s scent on her. There was a chance either one of them could be the father – or both. “Are ya lookin’ forward ta bein’ a Da’?” he asked. “I know I am.”

Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
922 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
RIP Merlin!

Somehow their conversation got sidetracked, and Njord never got his answer. However, the two men managed a non sequitur into more uplifting conversation. They ended the talk on a happy note. After, they journeyed down to a cool river to catch fish. If only Njord had known this would be one of his last moments together, he might have thought to tell him how much of a good friend Merlin was to him. Alas, ignorance is bliss, and the red-tail merely spent the afternoon in a joyful mindset with his brother in arms.