Phoenix Maplewood stoned at the nail salon
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,968 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
He didn't just oblige her, he indulged her. Meerkat listened carefully to every word Rye spoke of Duskfire Glacier. They were ruled by a man named Wintersbane, which was kind of a fearsome name. He'd recently sired five children, which made her eyes widen a bit. She had seen her own mother struggle with four, though she'd had a good support system and it sounded like that was the case here too. She quickly banished the guilt that welled up over that thought, focusing on what Rye was saying. It sounded like a tightly-knit family, just like the caldera, though the extinct volcano most certainly did not boast dancing lights in the sky.

Between that, the flowery meadow and the complete lack of Redhawk drama—she felt another, stronger twinge of guilt—Meerkat was pretty much sold. At the very least, she wanted to see it all for herself. Rye had welcomed her to come stay with them, though the yearling couldn't help but think of those six (at least; perhaps there were more) pups and how protective their fathers were of them. She imagined their mothers were even more so.

"It sounds amazing," Meerkat replied, snorting quietly at the platitude. "I mean, really, it does." She paused. "I've never really explored this corner of the wilds. I think I'd like to spend a few more days sightseeing." And relishing the last few days of freedom and solitude before she committed to one pack or another. "Maybe look into those other packs you mentioned. Then I'll swing by again, take you up on that offer. Would that be okay?"
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
stoned at the nail salon - by Meerkat - July 26, 2021, 01:25 PM
RE: stoned at the nail salon - by Rye - July 26, 2021, 02:32 PM
RE: stoned at the nail salon - by Meerkat - July 26, 2021, 02:52 PM
RE: stoned at the nail salon - by Rye - July 26, 2021, 03:27 PM
RE: stoned at the nail salon - by Meerkat - July 26, 2021, 04:05 PM
RE: stoned at the nail salon - by Rye - July 26, 2021, 04:59 PM
RE: stoned at the nail salon - by Meerkat - July 26, 2021, 05:18 PM
RE: stoned at the nail salon - by Rye - July 26, 2021, 07:41 PM
RE: stoned at the nail salon - by Meerkat - July 26, 2021, 08:00 PM
RE: stoned at the nail salon - by Rye - July 26, 2021, 09:04 PM
RE: stoned at the nail salon - by Meerkat - July 27, 2021, 08:42 AM