Dragoncrest Cliffs Say, could that lass be I?
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,968 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She didn’t know what “canny” meant, though the way he used it, Meerkat decided to take it as a compliment. She wondered if she would ever get tired of his brogue. Somehow, she doubted it, even after listening to it for nearly ten minutes straight as he regaled her with tales of his younger self.

Everything he said intrigued her, though the mention of his parents’ approval stuck out to her for obvious reasons. She would love to visit Meares Island someday to meet them, if that was in the cards. Although Njord said he didn’t subscribe to his birth pack’s religious beliefs—quite a curiosity to her—it sounded like he was still on good terms with his parents and siblings, if from a distance. But it was his four final words that stayed her tongue from asking, at least today.

I think my parents would approve of you too, she shared. I’d love for them to meet you sometime. My dad is very easy to get along with and basically one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. My mom is… Meerkat chuckled, not sure how to describe Towhee. Well, she’s quite the character. Did you know she’s deaf? She even came up with her own sign language. I speak it, though I’m pretty rusty… Idly, she wondered if she might one day reveal to him that she was partly deaf too, something no one—not even her own mother—knew.

Anyway, she said in the next breath, realizing she’d sort of yanked the spotlight back from him and gently nudging it back in his direction, I really like your family’s names. Aegir. Angrboda. Valtyr. Priixu. They were so exotic and somehow resonated with strength. Njord, she added to the list with a smile, meeting his eyes. I for one am glad you decided to take the plunge and come to the mainland. What brought you here specifically? To Sapphique?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - January 13, 2022, 11:19 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - January 14, 2022, 01:24 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - January 19, 2022, 06:06 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - January 19, 2022, 08:47 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - February 01, 2022, 03:59 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - February 01, 2022, 05:36 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - February 03, 2022, 01:13 AM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - February 03, 2022, 10:10 AM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - February 08, 2022, 05:16 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - February 08, 2022, 06:57 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - February 11, 2022, 01:12 AM