Ankyra Sound holding on to the devil i know
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,968 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She woke up in Njord’s arms, like usual, and carefully extracted herself. For a few minutes, Meerkat felt like today would be better. She emptied her bladder, then went to search for some fresh water to drink, a lightness to her step, at least until a sound made her grind to a halt.

Plp, plp, plp…

Immediately, her hackles prickled. Meerkat’s jaw tightened as a wave of anger rippled through her. Her narrowed eyes scanned her surroundings, trying to locate the source of the irritating noise. It had rained the previous night and she quickly realized there was water dripping off many different surfaces.

Swallowing the urge to scream, she did the next best thing and fled. Her paws carried her west, between the towering pines and the marsh. Now it was just the sound of the wind in her ears and the anger ebbed as quickly as it had come.

Then a howl pierced the air, urgently calling for Sapphique. Meerkat came to her second abrupt stop of the day, heels digging into the cold ground. She couldn’t place the voice, but it had come from the sound. Remembering what Erzulie had told them, she sucked in a breath and hastened that way.

She stumbled across three figures, two of them unfamiliar. The third was Loko, she was nearly certain. She caught herself staring at the giant, scarred woman. Meerkat approached apprehensively, just hoping that more reinforcements were on their way. If this turned ugly, she wouldn’t stand a chance. She wasn’t a fighter.

And she wasn’t a mediator, either, but she was an ambassador. Hello… can I ask what’s going on here? I’m Meerkat, from Sapphique… She moved closer to Loko, though her attention remained fixed upon the two strangers, her posture carefully neutral and tense as hell.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
holding on to the devil i know - by Loko - February 07, 2022, 06:31 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by RIP Fury - February 07, 2022, 07:37 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Loko - February 07, 2022, 09:52 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by RIP Fury - February 07, 2022, 10:07 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Loko - February 07, 2022, 10:28 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by RIP Fury - February 07, 2022, 10:41 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by The Listener - February 07, 2022, 10:49 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Loko - February 08, 2022, 11:03 AM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Meerkat - February 08, 2022, 11:20 AM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Erzulie - February 08, 2022, 11:45 AM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by The Listener - February 08, 2022, 02:12 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Loko - February 14, 2022, 01:47 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Meerkat - February 14, 2022, 02:18 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Mireille - February 15, 2022, 12:05 PM
RE: holding on to the devil i know - by Erzulie - February 15, 2022, 12:16 PM