pup designs question
51 Posts
Ooc — xynien
wasnt sure how to simplify my question for a thread title so, sorry for the vagueness!

so, we all pretty much know that wolf pups irl and on this site tend to start off with "markings"/sometimes colors that are different from what their adult appearance will be. what im wondering is if an already-born pup can be adopted out as a basic color (brown, for example) with the option for adopters to make an adult design based on it, going by the fact that pups tend to grow into their adult designs. so the pup would absolutely be brown still regardless of adult design, but they may mature into different markings and additional colors depending on who adopts and designs them.

technically the pup would be born without a set adult design and i know wolf has clear rules on changing character designs, so i wanted to make sure it wouldn't be seen as rule breaking to do this
Mod
11 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
I think its allowed since I do that all the time with puppy designs myself. Nobody has told me otherwise. It is realistic that the puppy design would change as the character reaches adulthood, as well as having seasonal shifts in their coat quality and colors (like in winter when its shaggier or darker).
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
This depends!!

I think we would prefer to see some idea of the adult design on application just so we can ensure it's within guidelines!! But as long as nothing is added that goes against our appearance rules, I don't see any reason why not ^^.

(There have been times where I've had to rework a character's appearance and I just tried not to break anyone's continuity when doing so. But we don't really police designs outside of natural marking/color feasibility)
51 Posts
Ooc — xynien
(May 23, 2022, 03:32 PM)Rosalyn Wrote: This depends!!

I think we would prefer to see some idea of the adult design on application just so we can ensure it's within guidelines!!  But as long as nothing is added that goes against our appearance rules, I don't see any reason why not ^^. 

(There have been times where I've had to rework a character's appearance and I just tried not to break anyone's continuity when doing so.  But we don't really police designs outside of natural marking/color feasibility)

i can include a list of colors that adopters can use in their designs and add a note about designs needing to be within the rules if that works!! i would offer to send it to the cms to run it by yall as well but there is the approval process too so idk if that's necessary? but im good with anything tbh
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
I think having a note and sending the designs our way once they do exist would be perfect! (Could always post them in contact staff too if that's easier!)

We don't have a hard and fast rule around this <3 but that'd be super helpful to us as far as keeping design approval consistent!
51 Posts
Ooc — xynien
(May 23, 2022, 03:40 PM)Rosalyn Wrote: I think having a note and sending the designs our way once they do exist would be perfect!  (Could always post them in contact staff too if that's easier!)

We don't have a hard and fast rule around this <3 but that'd be super helpful to us as far as keeping design approval consistent!

i kinda forgot pups need accounts to exist at birth when i replied so i blanked on the approval process not being a factor in this im sorry LOL. but yeah i can absolutely make sure the cms approve the final design before it gets put into play! i'll put some guidelines in the adoption post and then when a player is chosen ill post the design up in contact the staff (or let them do it from another account if they want to/that's okay!)

thank you!!!