Redhawk Caldera chromium
Muat-riya
Sesh
650 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
All Welcome 
tagging maybe @Maia for this? can also add teya if ur not able! nala to respond first please, backdated to end of july

brecheliant now resided in the large bowl of green space. it was here she led @Nala.

first they had been to akashingo, and princess lilitu had looked at the former saint with knowing eyes, proclaiming her worthy.

and then now to brecheliant they went, and here that the sesh tilted back her head, offering a word of peace and sanctuary from princess lilitu herself to her family here in this land.

"don't worry," she told nala in a soft voice.
you'll see how the rest of this is undeniable
260 Posts
Ooc —
her world had shifted and danced around her.

a whirlwind of mystical delights. nala found herself eager for the next with each day, each hour, each moment.

the first night she had held nothing but worries. fear and grievances for the things she had not known. now she was following along the doctor to brecheliant after meeting with a princess. a princess who had seen the good in her, despite the place she had come from.

i won't, she whispered with a coy smile.

tempted to press affection to tavina, but holding back in favor of seeming proper before what eyes may pry.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia was mid-story when the call came.  Her ears pricked up and she smiled apologetically.  We'll find out what happens next at dinner.  Okay?

The call didn't sound urgent, but it did sound like a stranger.  Maia wondered how they knew Lilitu, and she also ached for news of her.  How was she?!  Was she happy, where she was?  They hadn't heard.

Both of the strangers were small, and one looked much odder than the other. They'd had strange looking wolves near and around before, and Maia tried not to stare. Hello. My name is Maia, I'm Lilitu's aunt. She sent you here? There was a brief hesitation before 'aunt', as Maia had never really defined it before out loud. Her younger siblings might consider Maia somewhat of a mother, but it would feel wrong to claim that with Ibis' older children, even if the alternative was a bit of an awkward mess of family ties.

She waited then, curious to see why they'd come. It sounded as if they might be looking for a home. Why not choose Akashigo then?
Muat-riya
Sesh
650 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
a pleasant-looking woman approached, aunt to the princess.

"hello. i'm tavina, akashingo's doctor. and this is nala, formerly of the saints. that's why we're here."

the sesh searched maia's eyes for recognition. "we share a common enemy in them. nala has left that pack. but i cannot bring her to akashingo until i have spoken with ramesses. he — will not suffer her beneath the palace roof otherwise."

another pause, during which she glanced reassuringly to nala. "i asked princess lilitu if she could send her goodwill with nala, and let me keep her here until i make arrangements back home."
260 Posts
Ooc —
nala may have made herself small before the woman, if she was not already so.

thankfully, she only needed to mind her manners as tavina spoke in full. nala offered the utmost respect in her body language and kept her gaze fixed on the ground between them all.

i will not be a drain. she assured softly. i won't waste any resources and i'll make up for the space i take. a thin, small smile as she offered a small wave of her feathery tail.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia frowned slightly, though it was clearly more bemusement than displeasure. I think you're mistaken. We don't have any enemies here. I think Teya has spoken with the Saints, and they've never done anything to bother us here. Her fellow Raven had never spoken ill of the group, as far as Maia knew, and she definitely felt she would be aware if they had enemies!

There was a lot to what this wolf said, but really only a few things were important. If you need a place to stay, our home is open to you. Lilitu's friendship and recommendation came with weight, but Maia also didn't see any sense in turning her away. We don't want any trouble with any of the packs nearby, but we also don't turn away guests. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Maia smiled at Nala with this last statement. She doubted either of her fellow leaders would take issue with a friend staying with them, and she doubted even less that Nala would cause trouble here. Her only worry was that any trouble following her might come, but that wasn't a reason to turn someone away - and it certainly wasn't a problem Brecheliant should be held responsible for. If the Saints did come, she was sure they could set any issues straight.
Muat-riya
Sesh
650 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
maia modified some details, but what mattered was that she would take nala in.

the sesh's purple eyes grew relieved. 

tavina turned to nala. "i guess — that's it then. the faster i go, the faster i can get back." the doctor looked to maia now. "i won't forget this. thank you."
260 Posts
Ooc —
i'll miss you. she whispered softly, for tavina's ears, but it would not be surprising if maia heard them too.

the distance between akashingo and brecheliant was not unbearable — and tavina should know soon enough what to do next. but their time together at the lake had brought with it a new clinginess in the young woman.

her toes clenched at the ground beneath them.

she turned her attention back to the raven. thank you. a bit warmer, trying to hide any yearning she would already feel.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia could tell there was something between the two of them and that it was a hard parting. That only made her more curious about everything, but she clamped down on the questions. Clearly, for some reason, this woman - Tavina? - had to go back and smooth things over before Nala could join her.

It's no trouble. Maia insisted. Then she turned aside. I'll be right over there, and can show you around when you're ready. She smiled, then turned and gave them some privacy so they could say their farewells.

How long would she be here for? It didn't matter, she'd be family either way for as long as she stayed, but the more Maia heard about this Ramses wolf the more she was glad for their own pack. Surely they'd never see an enemy in someone like this, who'd done nothing but join another group they looked at unkindly! They'd had tensions with Moonspear, after all, and still had friendships with Bronco and with Towhee.

She hoped again, fervently, that Lilitu was happy. She would be sure to ask Nala all about her as soon as she was settled in.
Muat-riya
Sesh
650 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
last for me!

"and i you."

parting was harsh. she would rip off the proverbial bandage.

tavina nodded to the lady maia, turned, and trotted off back toward akashingo with stiffened spine.