Lion Head Mesa woke up to your texts now i'm nauseous
THIS WHOLE WORLD IS ENDING, A NEW ONE BEGINS
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
All Welcome 
@Senmut @Akhtar or anybody who may be doing some nightly worship :)

The night clutched her tightly in its misted chill.

She limped down the halls. Beyond a room Maegi once inhabited, along the halls of prayers and worshipers who would all soon drift to sleep. For a moment she lingered there.

The whisperings of evening prayers held her ears. Even if she could not grasp them longer than a few moments.

Still she drifted deeper, hearing the well fitted words in somebody's mouth.

It did not matter who it was. She seated herself next to them. A grim reaper given life only by the air in her lungs. Her glazed eyes stared hard at whatever was before them.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
902 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
he could not sleep. senmut roamed from his bed, thinking on prayers.

and then he began to say them aloud, and then sing them.

so filled with song was senmut that he did not notice the woman until he finished, with a small intake of breath. "mazoi." his eyes searched her stricken face. "why do you grieve?"
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
Why did she?

It had been some time but life did not flow through her anymore. She had become a husk, dull and weary with life itself.

Pale moonlight from her eyes washed over him, as if she might only just now be seeing him. And perhaps she was. Perhaps his figure only held life to her now as connections clicked in her spiderwebbed mind.

Maegi.

The woman would never truly rest as long as Jakoul spoke her name.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
902 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
maegi. "i did not know her. but she is in the Land of Reeds now, especially if she was favoured by akashingo."

he looked at her drawn face kindly. 

"what would you say to maegi, if she were standing with you now?"
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
Say.

Was the priest made to taunt? But she only licked her drying lips and cracking nose.

Love Maegi. It was short, but direct. The heart of what she wished she had been able to say one last time. The thing she had whispered over and over upon the woman's corpse until she laid her to rest in the great blackfeather forest.

It was with pain that her eyes glazed over and her attention fluttered between past and present.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
902 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
senmut moved closer, and if allowed, he would touch jakoul gently.

she was a fine and wild thing.

"i know there must be more that is not easy to speak. hold them in your heart. close your eyes. i will help you to send her a prayer."