Lion Head Mesa Atum
Akashingo
NPC
74 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
After he had worshiped, the dark-furred man had set his mind to hunting. The duties of the Mazoi were broad – hunters, warriors, scouts – so Bayek did not fear that he would work toward tasks that did not belong to him. The man was good with physical tasks and did not shy away from grueling work. Hunting to fill the bellies of the Akashingo wolves was a simple matter.

At the edge of the mesa, Bayek looked out across the terrain beyond their claimed land. He lifted his snout and drew in the fragrance of the air. The cold made him miserable, made him tired. If he was not so fixated on keeping himself busy, he might have sought the warmth of the halls where the others could be found.

The scent of deer urged him away from the borders. He followed their path on swift paws.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
631 Posts
Ooc — anon
toula had with her several fellahin to help her in the task of acquiring items for the place of Iset's worship. for Iset, toula's devotion was such that she would scour the ends of the territory for Her. toula imagined she felt Her eyes as she sought things worthy of Her.
it was cold, but toula had been draped in fine white furs to further keep warm. the cold would not have bothered her so terribly regardless, given the furs that had grown for winter, but she could not refuse her fathers gifts—nor did she wish to! in truth, toula loved the finery, and the additional comforts they provided.
she shared what there was in excess with her own fellahin. they themselves looked more like handmaidens than slaves (though they, of their own volition, returned it to her when the day was done). the amiirad danced ahead of those gathered with her, humming a hymn. it was then a dark figure crossed her path; her heart leapt to her throat, overjoyed to think it her beloved @Jakoul for a moment. 
she knew nothing of secrecy, and so did not quiet her footsteps as she moved after him. she peered to one of her attendants who let out a quiet ahem, before announcing her—and toula smiled, still thinking it her favored mazoi, who would of course know her.
Akashingo
NPC
74 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Though the Medjay had not met all the royal members of Akashingo, he was not incapable of deciphering the importance of the bodyguards that arrived with Toula. One of them was used as a mouthpiece, announcing her entrance into the area. The young wolf was draped in pale furs, pristine in their color. This must have been one of the Pharaoh’s children.

Bayek bowed deeply, offering himself to the young ruler. His amethyst eyes were placed on the paws of the fellahin who traveled with the girl. The Pharaoh had several daughters, it seemed. This was not Prince Makono, he already knew, but he had not heard the names of the others.

My humblest apologies, royal one. I do not believe we have been introduced.

Bayek’s voice was rough. It struck like gravel in the back of his throat. There was warmth to it, disarming as that was. The Medjay waited, patient. When he felt that he had offered his submission and it approached on being overdone, he lifted his head.

How might I serve you today? A sharp canine peered through the slice of his lip.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
631 Posts
Ooc — anon
it was not jakoul! her heart ached to know it, and to hear her name and all of her titles be announced to the stranger. 
still, toula smiled at the man. the fellahin had introduced her, and so she did not repeat them to the mazoi thinking that it might insult him to think he would not remember them. no, not yet! I am pleased to remedy such a travesty today, the young Amiirad said, her smile not yet leaving her lips. his voice was like the rocks that she could not budge! the way her skin felt when she pushed up against it. coarse, perhaps harsh.
but not unpleasant. for it also called to mind the stones she sunbathed upon! 
his eyes were one of the lovelies things that she had seen. she was riveted by them! but he had asked how he might serve her this day, and toula admitted to him the work that she did this hour.
I seek precious trinkets for our Iset, toula revealed, tail stirring behind her to speak Her name. her voice was reverent. would you... like to help me? she invited, tone full of hope. she did not know this mazoi well, but she hoped to! her own voice was the stirring of flowers in the wind, with the warmth and sweetness of honey.
Akashingo
NPC
74 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The princess was eager and polite in her words. She carried the energy of the sun with her, this he could see. It was a pleasant thing, knowing that the Pharaoh’s children were so sharp, so bright. It would mean that Akashingo had a promising future.

Princess Toula explained that she was seeking gifts for Iset, or Isis as he had heard her commonly referred. Bayek was pleased to hear that the young royal had such a taste for worship. It was good to know that the gods were not forgotten by the youth.

The Medjay bowed his head to the young wolf.

Of course, Princess Toula. I am pleased to find offerings for Iset. Would you care to show me where you worship? I will be sure to collect treasures as I work, and I will bring them to your place for Iset.

Bayek would help her immediately, as well. He merely wished for her to know that he was pleased to support such pious habits.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
631 Posts
Ooc — anon
tags for reference!
oh, of course! she said with glee, thrilled to share one of her favored places of worship. Iset was close to her heart; she loved all of the Gods and Goddesses, but Iset had become like a sister to her in the days that @Makono had been away, and her other elder sister wished to keep to herself. this Toula would always accept, but then run to Iset to pray after them both, and have long conversations about her own life that she would have shared with them were they either around, or in the headspace, to listen.
Iset always listened; and in return, so too did Toula! she would give much to Her, and more!
she drew alongside him, smiling as she began to guide their path. the Hem, Senmut, helped me to find this place... and to make it into what we will go to, now. I hope that you might find it satisfactory, she blinked softly, and added, it is my belief that Iset does. I can... feel Her there, she admits, but then, ...I suppose I can always feel Her in my heart. even now, a softer smile graced her lips, pleased with the feeling.
who do you most pray to? she asked with ample interest, wanting to be sure she, too, prayed to them on his behalf!
Akashingo
NPC
74 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The girl drew alongside him to guide him to her place of worship. Bayek did not hesitate to follow her, dutiful head hanging low, amethyst eyes ever watchful. He traced the path in his mind as they walked. The Medjay would not forget this important place. It would serve him well, to have things that he sought while he patrolled or traveled. Iset would be pleased, the princess would be pleased; he could see nothing wrong with these self-assigned tasks.

As they walked, she explained that Senmut had assisted her in finding the place. She hoped that he – Bayek – would find it satisfactory. The Medjay could not help but smile slightly at this proclamation. He did not think that his likes should be considered, in this matter. She was kind. The young royal members were sound in their hearts, he believed.

Toula explained that she could feel Iset close to her heart. The dark wolf bowed his head in understanding. His motion was reverent. She was even sweet enough to ask who he prayed to most. Bayek thought of Siwa and the warm sun.

I pray most to Amun. The way that Iset is in your heart, in your spirit always… so is Amun, in mine.

The smiled gratefully to the young girl.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
631 Posts
Ooc — anon
Amun, the Mazoi had said. Toula peered to him with warmth in her gaze to know of his own reverence. it delighted her to know it; and she then thought to ask the other Mazoi! perhaps it was the same for each of them, but perhaps it was different. and should they, too, not have a place to practice their devotions?
she meant to build a place for Amun, now.
but as they traveled to Iset, she asked him—ever a lover of stories!—what is your favorite story of Amun? with a wag of her tail. perhaps in this, she could learn what made the Mazoi love him most!