Redhawk Caldera Somebody once told me that if you rick roll me, that a monkey would bite your knee
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
All Welcome 
Atreus led @Alaric to the caldera, still refusing to give any indication where they were going. He could probably guess, though the Signifer remained tight-lipped until they were standing at the bottom of the extinct volcano.

For a moment, he just stood there and took in the views, cataloging the scents along the borderline. @Amalia’s was among them, something her brother surely noticed too.

Atreus slanted his eyes at the other man after a moment, hoping he was making the right call here. The youth then faced the sloping earth and called for his only friend.

LOL, sorry for the double tag. I had a blonde moment.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
No worries

Alaric followed behind the guy confused, but content. They were traveling pretty far. But also not far. He was back near where he had been. What the heck? He tilted his head. Sniffed at the borders and smiled. Amalia was here. Her scent was strong. So the little brat had known his sister.

Thank you for protecting her. He said to the boy quietly.

Then green eyes watched for his sister's form. Body vibrating with excitement.
Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Icarus called her? She lifted her head with a smile and loped towards him. Then her smile grew even larger when she saw the figure beside him. She tacked her brother bowling him completely over and licking his face all over. While she nailed him with her paws on shoulders and head.

You're such a brat. I love you! I Missed you.

Alaric laughed outloud and shook under her onslaught. Tears of laughter streaming down his face.

Then Amalia rounded on Icarus and rushed forward to nudge him hard, and sling a foot and leg over his shoulder in a hug.

I know you don't like much hugs. But thank you! I love you too.

then she backed away with a smile on her face. How did my two favorite men meet?
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
The moment of truth arrived with Amalia. Atreus felt a great deal of relief when she reacted so positively to Alaric’s presence. He didn’t feel bad for his reluctance to be honest with him, though Atreus appreciated the other man’s words of gratitude.

He stepped back to let the siblings reunite, taking a moment to fetch the dropped fox carcass. Atreus placed a paw on it right when Amalia turned on him, snatching him into a hug. He made a sound of protest but didn’t resist the embrace.

At her question, Atreus looked to Alaric, letting her brother explain.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
For posterity sake I will rp both in one. So i don't get confused. It's not hard to do to this brain box of mine :D

Amalia held onto the boy that had led him here, and he grew fonder of the kid if it was possible. He protected his sister and treated her decent. That was all that mattered. At her question he tilted ears up.

Well I was looking for you. Caught your scent followed it. This fella here.

Alaric grinned, eyes glinting with amusement. He didn't really want to tell me where you were. And I appreciate it. Sounds like you found some good wolves in your life Ama.

Amalia grinned. I did A blazing look to Icarus in delight. He was so sweet. To protect her like that.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Neither one of them held his reticence against him, which earned a wan smile and flick of Atreus’s tail. He felt as though he ought to dismiss himself to let them reunite without hovering awkwardly in the background. But he’d come all this way and didn’t want to just dip immediately.

So, we brought you this, he said when he was sure he wasn’t interrupting. Pointing at the fox, he said, Dunno about you but I’m not a big fan of fox meat. I thought maybe you could use the pelt for your den or something though. Oh, uh, it’s from both of us, Atreus remembered to mention, glancing at Alaric.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric watched the youth and saw his sister's eye on him. She liked that boy. Alaric was glad to see his sister making friends and sibling relationships. He was the one that felt he was intruding. Clearly these two had bonded better than he and Ama had in recent memory.

Amalia looked over the fox and placed a paw on it, to feel the silky tail and fur. Oh it's so soft.

Alaric chuckled. Don't listen to him Ama. It was all his idea to bring the fox.

Amalia smiled and nudged Icarus again with her nose and pulled the fox closer. Thank you!
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
His skin felt a little tight when Alaric insisted on giving him all the credit, then when Amalia nudged him again. As happy as that made him, he was also feeling a little overwhelmed. Perhaps it would be best if he left them to it, after all.

You’re welcome, he rumbled softly to his friend. I need to get back to Mereo. But now I know the route and how long it takes. So I’ll come back another time. Atreus took a step backward, then paused. Uhm, have fun catching up.

He only lingered long enough to nod at Alaric and slip Amalia’s cheek a nudge and—in a penultimate moment of attachment and daring—a brush of a kiss. Atreus then swiftly turned and left.

Sorry it was a bit on the short side but this made sense for him (and I need to pare down my threads a bit)!