Wheeling Gull Isle kokomo
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
All Welcome 
AW but maybe @Heda?

They'd stayed for a few full days now, taking in the seaside sights. He hoped Fennec was getting on well enough; admittedly, he'd spent a lot of time catching up with his bestie and not enough making sure his mother was comfortable.

Now, though, he was alone on the beach, and the night was clear. The stars were all in view owing to the new moon, and he stared at them now, wondering what each of them were.

He'd never been an astronomer, nor had he ever met someone gifted with the stars.

Instead, Killdeer took in the general beauty of it all—the stars in a sea of black velvet, and beneath it, a dark, rolling abyss that didn't even end with the horizon. It was warm enough, and quiet. He stretched out on his belly, letting out a deep, blissful sigh.
Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,210 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kilgitsuk was watching the tide sweeping in, or out. He had been doing it long enough that he wasn't sure which way it was, and that felt applicable to his life right now. He didn't know which way he should go, and stared in to the far distance, a lot on his mind.

When the boy came up the beach Kilgitsuk didn't notice; he didn't pay attention and could not pick out the scent of the wolf beyond the strong aromas around him. It wasn't until he spied a sea bird floating across the sky, sweeping towards the sand, that he noticed their ambling form.

Was it Caracal? He couldn't be sure; maybe it was the nervous girl, or another person entirely - and so he dipped his chin in a friendly nod, and chuffed softly, trying to loosen up and shed his many thoughts (or stuff them deep, deep down) so he could focus.

The boy planted in the sand, sprawling. Kilgitsuk looked one way then another, and decided to saunter over.

It is a fine day to explore the island! He called out to them, trying to elicit some familiar sensation of good humor within himself.
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
A huge white wolf, even bigger and older than himself, appeared, shouting a kind of greeting. Killer immediately rose and shook sand from his fur, eyes glimmering in the muted starlight.

Night, but yeah, he corrected gently, voice teasing. I've been here for a few days. I'm Killdeer—I'm, uh, Caracal's best friend, but also his—well, I'm his nephew, technically, but he feels more like my cousin.

He snorted at the convoluted explanation, shaking his head. The tangled Redhawk web. . . You? How'd you end up here—d'you know Heda?

It was hard not to stare at the pale behemoth. A warrior, no doubt, born and bred.
Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,210 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kilgitsuk let out a booming laugh that was inappropriate for the hour, and nodded. Ah yes, that too. It was a fine day, and a fine night, and it would continue so long as he was upon the island; but by now even Kilgitsuk knew he ran from his responsibilities and there was a dour note to his thoughts.

The boy's question earned a truthful answer; Kilgitsuk could put aside his troubles and focus on this instead. I know Heda from Rivenwood! I spent some time there. At the time, her people were friendly with my people - Moonglow, and a place after that, Natigvik. Ah, but thinking of his riverside home only brought back more terrible memories! Famine, newborn sons, Sakhmet, and the loss of it all.

I am a trader. That is what my people call men who travel and exchange their abilities for places to sleep, or food to eat. His tail was a slow pendulum behind him. Did you follow your friend here, then?