Lion Head Mesa You came back from the desert with a new friend, didn't you, Beni?
30 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Private 
His priest would be livid to know he had missed an audience with someone as important as the queen-apparent, and Harakhte was smitten with the idea. He lingered outside of the throne room now — awaiting the word of @Toula to enter — and found himself wondering what sort of ruler could be there awaiting an audience.
When the time came for him to enter, he swept through the doorway and took in the sight of the large room. It was vastly different from his own accommodations (as was suitable, given the importance of the seat where the ruler poised themselves); there was ample room for many bodies, and yet it was only a girl that sat there awaiting him.
He moved briskly to stand before her and with a smile upon his face, bowed his head. Had his advisor been present, no doubt the man's raucous voice would be proclaiming the prince's own titles! He was glad for the quiet.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
a prince, in their halls! not her beloved Siptah nor Seth, but another—a stranger. she only had the impression of him, from her Nebet—she tried to think back on the days of her father, when he had meetings of import. 
for her own part, she was not alone; two fellahin lingered, lest they have any needs. the grand place in which she held him in was decorated with furs for him to recline upon, and flower petals to keep the room fragrant. she bore the fragrance of myrrh, cinnamon, and cardamom herself, though it complimented rather than contrasted the scents of the room. 
for her own new status, she wore winter white ermine furs—the rarest of furs! before the man was placed several unique delicacies, before the fellahin retreated nearer to their Queen, one pausing long enough to provide her own titles—no longer Princess of the red sand, but Queen! Toula thanked them with a soft look before she beheld the Prince. 
It is my pleasure to meet you, Sphinx—have you come all this way, for my coronation? here her eyes were bright as she took him in. handsome, this stranger was—she had never seen anyone quite like him before! but she did her utmost not to think only of those things—not before she knew his designs! Toula was devout to Akashingo, not her girlish daydreams of being romanced by some lovely Prince of some faraway land…
his was not so bad a face, to place in that starring role!
30 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The girl spoke of coronation! So she was not yet crowned, and he knew that from what the Lady had said; yet it shocked him all the same to consider this youth so close to divinity. He knew better than to question the gods and saw no real fault in it. Only, he had come here for the sake of spoken promises and wondered now at their validity.
His head raised. Harakhte held himself with the bearing of his station.
I claim a seat upon the throne of Akhet, as the intended prince promised by my father, Ra-Semerkhet. Word came to us that the ruler of Akashingo, the divine Ra-Ramesses, sought pairings for his daughters; it is for this my people have made the journey. He explained this with a level tone, letting the pieces fall in to place. Pausing so that the words could have effect and be absorbed.
It is with surprise and sorrow, I learn your divine father has passed. A silence came then, a closing of his eyes, a moment of respect. When again his gaze blazed open again, Harakhte looked carefully upon Toula.
We will of course attend your coronation, holy one. I only wonder - after such travel, and finding things vastly different - where it is your brother has gone? Was he not the next to be crowned? He did not mean to disrespect her position, and was careful.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
she did not know when these messages had been sent from her father—only that it warmed her heart that it had been done. in this way, He proved He was still with her, 
yes—Her! she (She!) too was divine! and so She listened to the one before Her that Her father had sent. Toula closed Her eyes with the prince while the fellahin kept both open. when they opened again, the fire within his met the water in her own. 
these same gemstone eyes blinked softly and slowly as he spoke, and Toula said to him, these things will not be a mystery for long, but I did not call you here to speak of brothers tonight, a gentle laugh, one she had been told brought a smile to many faces, before she willed of him 
tell me of yourself, Sphinx—of the things that you love in life, of the things that make you smile, she urged next. enough, for now, of the politics—
indeed, Senmut would surely share the news required for him to know, to do with the questions he asked, but tonight she wanted to speak only of themselves. time enough later for politics!
30 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
There was a great many things to speak of! He wanted to speak from the heart, but there was trepidation there that stilled his tongue from sharing any secrets. It would not benefit him to be seen as enfeebled by his deeper truths, not before this royal, and so Harakhte would begin with only what was expected of him: some caution, some charity, and many boasts.
I would like to ask the same of you, divine one! I find my mind lingers often upon Akhet, my home. It has been some time since my departure from what is familiar, it was here he cued up a subtle look of sombre reflection, then a crack in that veneer, also practiced; a charming curl to his lips as he smiled. —I find Akashingo to be beautiful in its own ways, of course. Your land is vast! Ra watches and is clearly pleased.
A pause to reflect, and to give his words time to register.
I have a passion for the night sky; this is rare, to my family. It is not something I boast about often to others, but... I believe you would understand. The stars, and the shining moon, often take my breath away. This was a small con, in a way. Harakhte was fond of the night and its mysteries, but it was something trained in to him by his people, who worshipped in a different way from these Akashic people.
Where starlight and the moon might bring forboding to some, Harakhte saw power, and a rivalry with the sun-god whom Toula favored.
I have enjoyed the open road, as well. It has been of great intrigue to me - watching as the stars shift, and the sky changes. Your palace must have mighty views. He let out a laugh, bordering on genuine. If it pleases you, one night I would like to speak of the constellations!